making the switch

WJGRHB

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Should I switch from the Htc First to the Iphone 5s. I have had this phobe for a year and I've only got maybe 6 apps on my phone that didn't come on it. I mainly use the camera, talk, text, and my e-mail. I am not into the whole gaming on my phone and I am not big on social media either. Can someone help me determine if I should make the switch.

Posted via iMore App

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any Apple products? iCloud is really great for that. On some apps you pay for them once and can use them on iPhone & iPad and you can share some accessories... Go into an Apple store and try the phone out, mainly the email app and keyboard for your use. And you won't be disappointed with 5S camera it's outstanding.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Let me ask you this....why are you debating switching? Is there something (or things) you don't like about HTC or android? No one can determine for you whether or not you should switch. I agree with david...check out and try an iPhone, and see if it meets your needs/wants better than your HTC. If it does, then go for it. If not, then stick with the HTC.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Should I switch from the Htc First to the Iphone 5s. I have had this phobe for a year and I've only got maybe 6 apps on my phone that didn't come on it. I mainly use the camera, talk, text, and my e-mail. I am not into the whole gaming on my phone and I am not big on social media either. Can someone help me determine if I should make the switch.

Posted via iMore App

If you'll be using the iPhone in the same manner, why switch? It's not like you're taking advantage of either device's full capabilities.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If you'll be using the iPhone in the same manner, why switch? It's not like you're taking advantage of either device's full capabilities.

Exactly. I feel that many people (myself included) waste upgrades or money in general switching to a different device just to have something different. I have done this even with iPhone models!

If you have everything you need in your current device, hold off and save your upgrade or money until you NEED a new phone or until something better comes along that you can't pass up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I feel that many people (myself included) waste upgrades or money in general switching to a different device just to have something different. I have done this even with iPhone models!

If you have everything you need in your current device, hold off and save your upgrade or money until you NEED a new phone or until something better comes along that you can't pass up.
'Nuf said...:)....Like you, I used to get the latest and greatest until I realized that I was wasting far too much money and I needed to find the ONE device that does everything I need it to do in the manner I like. Once I did that, I found peace...lol

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you both above. I'm the worst for listening to my own advice though. :p

OP, in all honesty, if your phone does everything you need and you're happy with it, then save your money, stick with it and wait until it breaks. If you aren't happy with it, ask yourself what it is that you are unhappy with and look for a phone that bridges that gap. That phone may be Apple, may be a Windows Phone, Blackberry or even another Android device; the choice out there is incredible now.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
'Nuf said...:)....Like you, I used to get the latest and greatest until I realized that I was wasting far too much money and I needed to find the ONE device that does everything I need it to do in the manner I like. Once I did that, I found peace...lol

Agree to with u. Dont make the same mistake like most of us here. I waste a lot of my money for gadjet stuff. Some of my phone is laying inside my locker dusty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77