After jailbreak

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Please educate me as to what legit apps apple lets u download from 3rd party sites or ANYWHERE that's NOT the App Store?? And your response to use App Sync, is that for installing legit apps or cracked/pirated apps?

What about third party apps that are not signed, but are free?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
About 2 years ago apple removed the vlc video player from the App Store- it was not available in cydia for about a month. I got my copy from a link on a forum, it auto installed if app sync was installed. The app was open source and freeware it's developers wanted it shared and put out there-no piracy here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
About 2 years ago apple removed the vlc video player from the App Store- it was not available in cydia for about a month. I got my copy from a link on a forum, it auto installed if app sync was installed. The app was open source and freeware it's developers wanted it shared and put out there-no piracy here.

So you want to reference VLC player, which is a multimedia player primarily used to play the wide spectrum of media formats found in pirated videos online (of which you could directly load these file types into the apps file saving function to play on iDevices...which is why it was removed from the app store in the first place FYI).

Strike one...try again.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Bro, just give up. There are 0 legit apps that require App Sync to install. And where do u get app sync from again??

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
So you want to reference VLC player, which is a multimedia player primarily used to play the wide spectrum of media formats found in pirated videos online (of which you could directly load these file types into the apps file saving function to play on iDevices...which is why it was removed from the app store in the first place FYI).

Strike one...try again.

It was removed due to a licensing conflict nothing to do with piracy. And there you go again just assuming that everybody is pirating. I play and edit a variety of different files types on my idevices. Video files I own or are sent to me as a forum owner and administrator.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
A year ago I was toying with alternative ways to install free apps on my ipad. I used free apps in ifunbox to install them using appsync again. When I say free I don't mean cracked I'm talking about freely available third party apps, one of them was a video camera.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It was removed due to a licensing conflict nothing to do with piracy. And there you go again just assuming that everybody is pirating. I play and edit a variety of different files types on my idevices. Video files I own or are sent to me as a forum owner and administrator.

You're speaking to someone who fully understands why it was removed...the free ware nature of the original VLC app which SHOULD allow for people to load whatever files they want into the app itself (including customizations)...something that one of the original developers was not happy with. There was a conflict on how it was loaded to Apple, or how it could be changed if people got ahold of the app and wanted to change it (essentially creating the situation where tons of VLC knock offs with various levels and variants of customizations would pop up forever on the app store)...it was removed...and locked down to what we have now. I never said it was removed because of piracy...you simply didn't clearly read or perhaps comprehend my first post).

You're sitting here arguing oranges when we're discussing bananas.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
You stated-

"So you want to reference VLC player, which is a multimedia player primarily used to play the wide spectrum of media formats found in pirated videos online (of which you could directly load these file types into the apps file saving function to play on iDevices."

Sounds very much to me that you are suggesting that this app is used for playing pirated videos downloaded from the Internet. Only my perception of your post but others can decide for themselves.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You stated-

"So you want to reference VLC player, which is a multimedia player primarily used to play the wide spectrum of media formats found in pirated videos online (of which you could directly load these file types into the apps file saving function to play on iDevices."

Sounds very much to me that you are suggesting that this app is used for playing pirated videos downloaded from the Internet. Only my perception of your post but others can decide for themselves.

It IS used primarily for playing pirated material...regardless of what a niche group of users might use it for. My comment about why it was removed simply referenced the ability to load files into the app itself (to which I clarified in my second comment which includes customized build pieces for it which would effectively change the app itself...the essence of freeware as it seems, and something that at least one of the original developers did not agree with).

And again...you've yet to answer my question about apps outside of the realm of Cydia and the app store that aren't associated with piracy.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
It IS used primarily for playing pirated material...regardless of what a niche group of users might use it for. My comment about why it was removed simply referenced the ability to load files into the app itself (to which I clarified in my second comment which includes customized build pieces for it which would effectively change the app itself...the essence of freeware as it seems, and something that at least one of the original developers did not agree with).

And again...you've yet to answer my question about apps outside of the realm of Cydia and the app store that aren't associated with piracy.

I've already gave you two examples and again you are are assuming that folk who use the vlc app are using it primarily to watching pirated videos on it.

What gives you the right to make such a statement?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've already gave you two examples and again you are are assuming that folk who use the vlc app are using it primarily to watching pirated videos on it.

What gives you the right to make such a statement?

Common sense. I mean I'm sure there are people out there that use uTorrent in a totally legitimate and legal way...most people use it to get pirated movies/music/software. It's the same difference.

You gave VLC as an example...where was your second?

And honestly, you're not going to win this argument...because you're trying to put lipstick on a pig. People using even a microscopic amount of logic will see you splitting hairs to try and get a point across.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
What you are saying is based on your opinion of vlc player nothing more, show me facts if you can- you can't. Yet you come on here and berate me for mentioning an app that I and many many other folk use for legitimate purposes. You've asked me to provide examples and I did. Now you show me the facts and evidence that this app is used primarily to view pirated videos downloaded from the Internet.

johnboysupergolf

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Common sense. I mean I'm sure there are people out there that use uTorrent in a totally legitimate and legal way...most people use it to get pirated movies/music/software. It's the same difference.

You gave VLC as an example...where was your second?

And honestly, you're not going to win this argument...because you're trying to put lipstick on a pig. People using even a microscopic amount of logic will see you splitting hairs to try and get a point across.

What a ridiculous comparison, utorrent and the vlc video player- you couldn't make it up, could you?.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You poor thing...are you really that blind to the reality of these things? To an extent where you would believe the app is primarily used for another purpose outside of what I've reflected? Let me know when you return to the real world so we can continue this discussion. It won't be anymore fruitful given your stance, but at least you won't seem so impossibly naive.

lol...the next thing you know, you'll be trying to argue that most people buy weed for medicinal purposes.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2