Hacked!

U

Unregistered

Ok so my girlfriend got all of her bankin info stolen from her iPhone 5, no big deal right? But it started acting funny, like someone was controlling remotely, so we got her an iPhone 4S because it was cheap and new, all was well, she didn't set up iCloud, or email or wifi or any of that crap, then it all started happening again, the guy at the apple store said it's been jail broken because of the hollow circles in her toggles at her settings options, lt didn't have them when we got it and mine doesn't have them (both ios7) we need help, any advise??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok so my girlfriend got all of her bankin info stolen from her iPhone 5, no big deal right? But it started acting funny, like someone was controlling remotely, so we got her an iPhone 4S because it was cheap and new, all was well, she didn't set up iCloud, or email or wifi or any of that crap, then it all started happening again, the guy at the apple store said it's been jail broken because of the hollow circles in her toggles at her settings options, lt didn't have them when we got it and mine doesn't have them (both ios7) we need help, any advise??

Can you post a screen shot ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That's not proof that t
I think she had a bank app and other stuff linked to her credit cards
Just because she had a bank app installed doesn't mean it is or was the culprit. Many bank account related incidents involve a card swipe. The last time my account was flagged, it occurred at a restaurant where I was just one of many whose credit card information was swiped by an unscrupulous restaurant employee. I didn't lose a penny, thankfully. Anyway, I recommend that she puts her iPhone in DFU mode, connect it to a computer, initiate the computer's iTunes app, and when prompted, select "restore". This will cause iTunes to download and install a fresh copy of the latest iOS version AND remove the jailbreak. From there, I recommend she set up her device as NEW and NOT from a backup.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hard to believe your story first you claim she doesn't have all that crap set up why do you consider it crap if she was Hacked like you state wouldn't setting up her iPhone correctly be a plus and getting Hacked doesn't ruin a phone so you decided to get her another phone

Tell me the truth did you rig the phone on her to get her personal information ??

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think she had a bank app and other stuff linked to her credit cards

This doesn't answer the question here...again, how exactly was her bank account hacked/stolen from her iPhone 5?

Just to give you an idea why I'm asking this...one of the only legitimate remote viewing and control options for iOS is TeamViewer...and it does not allow for full screen access or, to be more specific to this thread, information within apps (including sign in info, account info, etc).

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If she had her banking info stolen contacting and working with the bank on possible identity theft by some other means than the iPhone being hacked.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
A mod should change the title of the thread to "Phished".

Your girl friend needs to change all her passwords RIGHT NOW! Forget the iPhones. She needs to lock everything down immediately. Then worry about the iPhone once you are sure everything is secure.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site

OK you lost me at getting rid of the iPhone 5 for a 4s over a software issue ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2