After updating to the newest iOS version, certain apps no longer work

I

iMore Question

hello, after i updated my iOS to new version i found out the my apple store, facebook, gmail, whatsapp and gtalk are no longer working....so if you have any idea how to fix it please just let me know.

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
When upgrade to the new version of iOS, all your existing apps, books & musics will be remove. However, you can restore it from your backup files, or reinstall them in the "Purchase" tab in iTunes.

If you sync your iPad with iTunes on your computer using your cable everything is automatically backed up. If you purchased anything with your ipad since the last time you backed up your iPad, you will be given the opportunity to transfer those purchases to iTunes on your computer. If you don't transfer purchases, they will be erased from your iPad during the sync.

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
iCloud: Restore your iOS device from iCloud

When you set up a new iOS device or need to restore information on one you already have, your iCloud backup makes it easy.
Restore from an iCloud backup

On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Software Update. If a newer version of iOS is available, follow the onscreen instructions to download and install it.

You must update your device to the latest version of iOS to make sure you can restore from a recent backup of another device, such as a lost or broken device.

Make sure you have a recent backup to restore from.

Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup, then look at the bottom of the screen for the message Last Backup, followed by the date of the latest backup.

For information about backing up manually now, see Back up your iOS device to iCloud. If you don’t see a backup you expected to be there, see the Apple Support article iCloud: Troubleshooting restoring an iCloud backup.

Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap “Erase all content and settings.”

In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

Set up a new device from an iCloud backup

Turn on your iOS device.

In the Setup Assistant, proceed to “Set up your device,” tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.

Proceed to “Choose backup,” then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.

After using an iCloud backup to restore or set up a device:

Your settings and accounts are restored from the iCloud backup you chose. Your device restarts and begins downloading your purchased music, movies, TV shows, apps, books, Camera Roll, and other content. If your device can’t download the version of an app that was backed up, it downloads the latest version.

Your purchased content is automatically downloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store based on iTunes in the Cloud availability by country. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they have been refunded or are no longer available in the store.

You may be asked to enter passwords for iTunes, App Store, and iBooks Store accounts to restore purchased items.

Progress bars appear below Home screen icons for apps being downloaded.

To make an app a priority for downloading, tap its icon.

To check if the information on your device is fully restored, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
hello, after i updated my iOS to new version i found out the my apple store, facebook, gmail, whatsapp and gtalk are no longer working....so if you have any idea how to fix it please just let me know.

If all you did was update the iOS version you had installed, then it is possible that the apps you mentioned need to be updated to work with the current iOS version, however, since you're the first I've come across who has mentioned those very polar apps not working with the latest iOS version, I will assume that a reboot should fix the problem. If not, uninstall the apps and then re-install them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2