iOS limitations, but why???

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
@sean don't think iPhone is a perfect product. You are talking like its complete but it's not. It has so many negatives, unfortunately most of them are simple things which can be fixed/added very easily but apple do not care about. The reason for that is uses never ask for it. Most of users don't know these features even exists.

Example: old iPhones didn't have Picture messages (MMS) feature. Funny thing is, at that time the whole world was enjoying mms in other phones.

My final conclusion is apple can always introduce new features, if you don't like it, you can switch it off like we do now. Even now we switch off most of the cool features cos of iPhones poor battery life. That's another proof that apple does not give a **** about their customers . Internet is flooded with this topic. Apple could easily fix this by introducing a little larger battery.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

The iPhone being imperfect for/to you does not make imperfect. Please keep in mind that you're reflecting your opinion. In example, I don't need my iPhone to be bigger so that it can house a larger battery. When one of my iPhone's battery dies I do one of two things:

1. I charge it
2. I forward the number to my other iPhone and use that one.

Now, if long battery life were paramount to me I would choose a larger phone that offered physical space for a larger battery.

IMO, when you make statements like "Apple does not give a **** about their customers ." it makes you sound either young or inexperienced given that customer service surveys clearly show otherwise.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how long these debates are going to continue? At the end of each of these threads, it seems like most people agree that it is a matter of perspective and personal preference. I think that the differences between iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones, etc, have been well documented at length. We have witnessed the diatribes of iSheep and Crapsungs and the like. I can understand critiquing features, but this notion that one device is the "best" or my device is "better" than yours seems illogical. Maybe as a community, we need to agree to move past it?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder how long these debates are going to continue? At the end of each of these threads, it seems like most people agree that it is a matter of perspective and personal preference. I think that the differences between iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones, etc, have been well documented at length. We have witnessed the diatribes of iSheep and Crapsungs and the like. I can understand critiquing features, but this notion that one device is the "best" or my device is "better" than yours seems illogical. Maybe as a community, we need to agree to move past it?

They will go on and on forever as there's always a new generation that can benefit from the message.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
They will go on and on forever as there's always a new generation that can benefit from the message.

But what is the message? Saying my phone is better than yours doesn't seem productive. Like I said before, analyzing features is the nature of the forums. Having heated arguments because people have different preferences doesn't seem to benefit anyone.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site

The message is that neither Android or iOS devices are better at everything. So, one must weigh what their priorities are and make a decision based on them. This might seem like common sense but these ongoing debates are objective proof that it is, indeed, not.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The funny thing is, people come here and see my post count, see my preference of the iPhone and automatically make these asinine assumptions...I'd never call the iPhone perfect for everyone, in fact, I usually argue against it whenever its said. Truth is, there are lots of things the iPhone doesn't do that would be cool, but it does enough right to make me prefer it vs. other devices (all of which I consider year in and year out when it comes time for me to try the next iteration of smart phone).

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
In my previous smartphone life I was an ambassador at Android Central and have had A LOT of android devices but I thought it not a bad idea to start fresh when I changed all my devices over to iOS. It is indeed funny to see how people can be but such is the life in forums.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
@sean don't think iPhone is a perfect product. You are talking like its complete but it's not. It has so many negatives, unfortunately most of them are simple things which can be fixed/added very easily but apple do not care about. The reason for that is uses never ask for it. Most of users don't know these features even exists.

Example: old iPhones didn't have Picture messages (MMS) feature. Funny thing is, at that time the whole world was enjoying mms in other phones.

My final conclusion is apple can always introduce new features, if you don't like it, you can switch it off like we do now. Even now we switch off most of the cool features cos of iPhones poor battery life. That's another proof that apple does not give a **** about their customers . Internet is flooded with this topic. Apple could easily fix this by introducing a little larger battery.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Sounds like you may want to switch from iPhone.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
To me with the current crop of devices IOS and Android there are no limitations. I think a user can impose limitations on a certain device.

But we are able to do things on mobile devices today that we could not do or think of doing 10 years ago.

I can't think of one thing on my current device, a 5S and iOS 7 that makes me feel limited. I didn't feel limited on Android when I had it I just didn't like the Android experience. I prefer iOS devices. My main computing device has always been Apple so when Apple came out with a phone it fit right in.

Of course there are things that Android does that iOS doesn't do but it doesn't matter to me.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
To me with the current crop of devices IOS and Android there are no limitations. I think a user can impose limitations on a certain device.

But we are able to do things on mobile devices today that we could not do or think of doing 10 years ago.

I can't think of one thing on my current device, a 5S and iOS 7 that makes me feel limited. I didn't feel limited on Android when I had it I just didn't like the Android experience. I prefer iOS devices. My main computing device has always been Apple so when Apple came out with a phone it fit right in.

Of course there are things that Android does that iOS doesn't do but it doesn't matter to me.

I think the limitations are dependent on what you are trying to do with your device. I feel the same as you. I don't feel limited because I'm not interested in really customizing my device anymore. I had my fun with it when I had Android devices, but it kind of lost its luster with me over time. After having so many smartphones over the years, I'm really only interested in the apps that I need and want and the ecosystem that best suits me.