Which rMBP graphics should I need? Nvidia or Intel?

I

iMore Question

Hi, I'm new to mac, not apple, but macs and I am looking to buy my first rMBP, but I am not sure which one to go for and what would be good enough for what I would use it for.
-imovie
-iPhoto
-final cut (hopefully in the soon future but imovie for now)
-Photoshop
-Aperature ((hopefully in the soon future but iPhoto for now)

I know these are graphics apps and I want good graphics, but I'm not a pro, I'm an amateur videographer/photographer who is still learning and growing every day.
So I'm wondering, will NVIDIA GeForce (15in) OR Intel iris pro (15 in) or Intel iris graphics (13 in) how much of a difference will I really see. How does the graphics affect it if their all retina? And lastly doing those things I said I would use it for, usually only running one, maybe two at a time, would I see much of a difference between the three choices?
Plus suggestions on processor and memory please? I have an iPad and iPhone 5s, but am new to MacBooks so don't know the differences I would be able to tell with getting the different processors or memory.

Sorry I know this is a lot, but so is the price of a rMBP haha so I wanna make sure I'm making the best decision possible and I know you guys can help : )

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You're not going to see much of a difference based on what you said you'll be using it for...you seem to be a dabbler into some video and photo editing, and any of the options will work perfectly for you.

ekebeke

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Both of you guys helped so much! That's exactly right! Nailed it on the head SeanHRCC lol ok I know what to do now guys, thank you!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2