Error when trying to copy music from iPod to PC

I

iMore Question

Hello. I'm attempting to backup all of the music from my 80GB iPod Classic to my Windows Vista computer. My old computer (the one originally with the backed up music) died on me, so iTunes wont backup music from my iPod to the computer. So I am forced to either use a 3rd party transfer software or transfer the music from the iPod's file system. Attempting a backup either of these ways results in errors that prevent the computer from transfering 95% of the music. The 3rd party software offers no information about the error, but copy/pasting from the iPod file system to the PC returns the following errors:

error code 0x80070022 (first error message)
error code 0x80070057 (subsequent error messages)

I've tried restarting both the PC and iPod, and I've also tried the transfer in safe mode. Both attempts have not solved this problem. I've also googled this problem with and have found little help.

Thanks,
Chris

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPod video (5th gen), and I remember being able to use it as an external hard drive (I think iTunes gave me that option in the iPod's general tab) and transfer music out of it, it looked different, like it didn't have the typical "artist - song name" formate but a lot of numbers and letters instead, but when transferred to iTunes it would recognize them perfectly with the proper info.
I usually did this when adding music let's say, from a friends computer and then add it to my own library.

Tapatalkeando

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2