What does the blue dot next to certain icons represent ?

I

iMore Question

After updating the apps on my iPad there is a blue dot next to the name of the app ,and the app does not open. I switched off my iPad and turn it on again but it didn't work . Iam using ios7 .how can I enable the app ?

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
try deleting and reinstalling to see if that helps- it may be an issue with the app itself. Also check the recent reviews to see if any one else is having the same issue

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if that's an issue with the phone. The blue dots drive me crazy so I always open the app just to get rid of them. If it happens to each updated app, the app may not be the issue. Did you try a reset by holding down the power and home buttons until the phone restarts? If that doesn't work I would contact Apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As Janey mentioned the blue dot means it's a recently updated app. However, if you're not able to launch the the app, delete the app and relaunch. Good luck.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Delete the app, Reboot your phone to clear any cached files or remnants of that app and then reinstall it. Try launching it then and all should be good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2