How come official Apple Stores are charging a hefty premium of more than Rs 5000 for the I phone 5s.

I

iMore Question

How come official Apple Stores are charging a hefty premium of more than Rs 5000 for the I phone 5s. Isnt that illegal ? This happened at Apple I-Store Phoenix Market City, Viman nagar, Pune Maharashtra. The store owner threatened not to provide a phone for next 3 months unless i agree to pay Rs 5000 above the MRP.( for a Space Gray 32GB I phone 5s)

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
How come official Apple Stores are charging a hefty premium of more than Rs 5000 for the I phone 5s. Isnt that illegal ? This happened at Apple I-Store Phoenix Market City, Viman nagar, Pune Maharashtra. The store owner threatened not to provide a phone for next 3 months unless i agree to pay Rs 5000 above the MRP.( for a Space Gray 32GB I phone 5s)

I would go to a new store .. A local vendor can charge whatever they want doesn't mean people will pay it

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
How come official Apple Stores are charging a hefty premium of more than Rs 5...

It's not illegal, they can sell it for whatever price they want to. You should go to another store that is an official retailer, if there's any available. I'm assuming the stores listed above are the same?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: How come official Apple Stores are charging a hefty premium of more than Rs 5...

I would have to believe that an Official Apple company or corporate Store no matter where except for that state or this case countries money is still sold for the same price just different than exchange rate for that contries money. I am merely taking my best guess as I am not familiar with other countries but I bet they are.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
On south hemisphere the cellshpp owner often make their own price, i dont think apple can do something about it, i think even some country had listed iphone as a lux stuff which mean you have to pay tax for the lux stuff like they do with ferrari

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77