iPhone not working at all, but is location specific

I

iMore Question

After updating to the new iOS 7, my fiancee's phone will not work while she's at work (she's a personal nanny so it's not a firewall or anything). The phone still displays that it has service, and she's been working there longer than the new iOS has been out, and never had this issue before. It prevents her from making or receiving calls and it prevents her from sending or receiving text messages. The email works, although intermittently between crashes, and the imessage works well most of the time, all of that in my mind is due to their wifi. She has to restart the phone several times, which is an extreme annoyance, especially considering the amount we pay for a working service each month, a day in order to sometimes be able to make a call, a HUGE issue when you consider she's in charge of taking care of three infants and the need for 911 may not arise when she has time to restart the phone 3-4 times before dialing.

The phone had issues everywhere once we first updated the operating system, and after four visits to the AT&T store, we were directed to the Apple store an hour away. They basically told us that they had no idea what was causing the issue but the diagnostics revealed that of the 24 calls she had been actually able to execute those two weeks, 19 of them had been dropped because of her phone and were more than happy to just issue us a new phone to hush us up and usher us off. The new phone apparently seems to narrow down the problems to one location in particular. The new phone, also with the updated iOS, seems to have no issues anywhere else, but at her work, it has the identical issues as the old hardware. This leads me to believe that we have in fact fixed a portion of the problem, but not the entire problem. My question is this: Why would the issue arise in only one geographical location, when the service supposedly is fine, and the issue never arose before the new iOS reared its ugly head?

If we or Apple can't get this fixed, I fear that my fiancee and I, both of whom have had an iPhone from every generation, will be leaving and never purchasing another Apple product again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After updating to the new iOS 7, my fiancee's phone will not work while she's at work (she's a personal nanny so it's not a firewall or anything).
While she's at work?
The phone still displays that it has service, and she's been working there longer than the new iOS has been out, and never had this issue before. It prevents her from making or receiving calls and it prevents her from sending or receiving text messages. The email works, although intermittently between crashes, and the imessage works well most of the time, all of that in my mind is due to their wifi. She has to restart the phone several times, which is an extreme annoyance, especially considering the amount we pay for a working service each month, a day in order to sometimes be able to make a call, a HUGE issue when you consider she's in charge of taking care of three infants and the need for 911 may not arise when she has time to restart the phone 3-4 times before dialing.
And all of this only happens while she's at work. Is that what you're telling us?

The phone had issues everywhere once we first updated the operating system, and after four visits to the AT&T store, we were directed to the Apple store an hour away. They basically told us that they had no idea what was causing the issue but the diagnostics revealed that of the 24 calls she had been actually able to execute those two weeks, 19 of them had been dropped because of her phone and were more than happy to just issue us a new phone to hush us up and usher us off. The new phone apparently seems to narrow down the problems to one location in particular. The new phone, also with the updated iOS, seems to have no issues anywhere else, but at her work, it has the identical issues as the old hardware. This leads me to believe that we have in fact fixed a portion of the problem, but not the entire problem. My question is this: Why would the issue arise in only one geographical location, when the service supposedly is fine, and the issue never arose before the new iOS reared its ugly head?

If we or Apple can't get this fixed, I fear that my fiancee and I, both of whom have had an iPhone from every generation, will be leaving and never purchasing another Apple product again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
With the exception of a poor wireless data signal in that area, I don't know what to tell you. Yet, you're telling us that this started happening since the iOS 7 update. Well, I'm a fan of restarting from scratch so my recommendation is simple. Backup the device, put it in DFU mode, connect it to iTunes and restore it as a new device. Don't install from a backup, if possible, and then test the phone in the problem area.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2