Calendar in iCloud randomly changes colors

Paplan

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Exactly the same here. I am not satisfied with the new iOS update at all. Hope Apple will do something soon about all these stuff.

rathimself

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Started happening to me yesterday too. One of my calenders (was yellow) is now always purple and the colour can't be changed. Very annoying. Especially as the main calender is also purple.
I have 4 calenders .. I can change the colours of 2 of my calenders (the 2nd and 4th ones) but not the other 2...
This cannot be an iOS7 issue as people are suggesting though because I am still running iOS6.

Camille Foxtrop

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am experiencing the same. No one has access to my calendars. All was fine until I opened my calendar in iCloud. I fixed the colors, then they are changing again even on my computer. I am running test and will publish my conclusions.

Ruth Emerson

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem as of this week, haven't figured out how to fix it. Only one calendar of my 7 changed color. My "work" calendar, which was green, wants to stay purple now. Nothing I do will make it keep the previous setting. This started after I did a software update on my iMac, so I think it's a new bug from Mac. Have also not figured out how to let them now.
I've tried de-activating iCloud, still keeps the purple setting. Aargh!
help!

CinthDegree

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's good to see I'm not the only one.

My work calendar SHOULD be yellow. But it's purple. I'll go and edit them, and both iPhone and iPad quickly set it back to purple...

I even tried to set the colors back to yellow simultaneously, thinking maybe one kept updating/synching before I could set the other :p

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Same issue here, but mine started after updating to Mavericks GM on my MBP. Prior. To that my calendars would remain colored as I selected.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem except in Reminders. I have several lists but my Reminders list keeps changing to orange no matter how many times I set it back to blue! Weird!

Adsab

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, I mean EXACTLY the same thing happening to me. Work calendar is set to green, then it almost immediately sets itself back to purple! WTF?????

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have a work Calendar but it's called Work Daily Tasks because I have a Work Long term issues too. So I would suggest everyone try creating a new work calendar but name it something else like Work Issues, Work Taks, Work to be done whatever. It seems to be an issue with the Term "Work". So after creating the new calendar move all the appointments over to it and get rid of your old work calendar. Change the color and see if the issue follows the calendar or not.

Sam Yu

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Found a workaround for this issue. I don't think it has to do with the fact that the calendar is named "work." Here's what I did:

1. exported existing "work" calendar
2. created a new calendar with a new name, "work 2"
3. imported calendar to the new calendar
4. changed calendar to desired color
5. deleted old "work" calendar
6. named calendar back to "work"

I closed the calendar app and opened it up again. The colors stayed to my desired settings. Hope this helps!

Ruth Emerson

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
This is an iCloud issue. It has been named the "Barbie Dreamhouse" bug because of the colors it chooses: purple, mauve, teal . . . It only affects certain calendars, depending on the names. Home and Work are two of them. (I didn't realize that Home had changed from blue to teal, because that's not too big a change for me. Work being purple is not OK, as my brain is trained to Work being green . . . )
'Barbie Dreamhouse' bug changes Mac, iPhone calendars to gaudy colors - Computerworld

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
This is an iCloud issue. It has been named the "Barbie Dreamhouse" bug because of the colors it chooses: purple, mauve, teal . . . It only affects certain calendars, depending on the names. Home and Work are two of them. (I didn't realize that Home had changed from blue to teal, because that's not too big a change for me. Work being purple is not OK, as my brain is trained to Work being green . . . )
'Barbie Dreamhouse' bug changes Mac, iPhone calendars to gaudy colors - Computerworld

Ruth, thanks for the info and article on this !! All in all I figured this had to be an iCloud issue, but I didn't realize that this existed back in August for a short period of time. What's also strange is on Sunday(10/6) or Monday(10/7) late,late night, iCloud apparently had calendar & reminder issues. Then the very next day, Tuesday 10/8, this started. I wonder if one has to do with the other & Apple is (hopefully) working on fixing it. I don't use the "work" cal so it was just easy enough for me to delete it. Now my "home" cal is purple on my ph but on iCloud.com it shows teal or blue, whatever lol. But as long as it remains purple on my ph I'll be fine, because the other one I use called "calendar" is orange.

🎀Sent from my pink-a-licious 4S🎀

KevinKelly0

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here. Only one of four calendars (iCloud > "Work") keeps switching from green--the desired color that has been that way since starting to use iCal--to purple--which seems to be the common color to all people affected by this bug.

Changing iCloud color setting for that calendar from mobile device (iPhone - iOS7) or laptop (MacBook - OS X 10.8.5) works for a couple seconds, and then it goes back to purple.

Have tried quitting Calendar program and reopening, all the way to rebooting laptop.

hotrod

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Good. I thought I was crazy. I've been dealing with this for about a week now. Work changes to purple and home changes to blue. ARGH.:mad:

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2