Cracked My AW4

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Not even sure how I did it. Fortunately my husband bought Apple Care for it when he got it for me. I put in a request for an Express Replacement but after reading the email I’m kind of paranoid they won’t think the damage is enough. It’s definitely a crack, you can feel it when you run your finger over it. I’m so careful, I’m not sure what happened.
IMG_0671.JPG

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
That stinks! Sorry to hear about that happening but hopefully your Express Replacement goes smoothly.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I had very similar damage on my S3 in the bottom right corner. I actually used the Apple Support app to open a chat session and my express replacement was approved. I also took a few pictures and inserted then into the chat session so the Apple tech saw them.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I had very similar damage on my S3 in the bottom right corner. I actually used the Apple Support app to open a chat session and my express replacement was approved. I also took a few pictures and inserted then into the chat session so the Apple tech saw them.

I had them call me but was surprised they didn’t ask for photos. Thanks for the reassurance. Still wondering how I did it.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Not even sure how I did it. Fortunately my husband bought Apple Care for it when he got it for me. I put in a request for an Express Replacement but after reading the email I’m kind of paranoid they won’t think the damage is enough. It’s definitely a crack, you can feel it when you run your finger over it. I’m so careful, I’m not sure what happened.
View attachment 128697

Bad luck on the crack but good luck that you have Apple Care! Does it still work okay? Will you be able to keep using it until the replacement arrives?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Oh no! I'm so sorry this has happened to you (and your Watch)! Please keep us posted on how you do with Apple Support. I'm so glad you have it.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Bad luck on the crack but good luck that you have Apple Care! Does it still work okay? Will you be able to keep using it until the replacement arrives?

Yeah it’s working fine. My husband is pretty certain it’s only a matter of time before it cracks more.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You banged it on something. It also appears to be a gouge and not a crack. I wouldn’t waste a replacement on it.

I wouldn’t worry about it or obsess over it.

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
You banged it on something. It also appears to be a gouge and not a crack. I wouldn’t waste a replacement on it.

That can be super annoying. Mine was less than that but in certain circumstances affected the smoothness of scrolling.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Clearly, I just don’t remember doing it.

What’s the point of Apple Care if you don’t use it? The watch is almost a year and half old so it seems as a good time as any to use it.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
If you have AppleCare use it and get it replaced.

You would have to waste one of your two trade ins, plus pay a $70 “deductible”. The gouge is in the corner of the screen, doesn’t effect operation.

It’s a scar. I’ve got them all over my body, it’s part of life.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You would have to waste one of your two trade ins, plus pay a $70 “deductible”. The gouge is in the corner of the screen, doesn’t effect operation.

It’s a scar. I’ve got them all over my body, it’s part of life.

I don’t see it like that. You pay for AppleCare to cover accidental damage. To say it’s only a scar or gouge in the corner makes no sense to me. But I don’t think I’m alone.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I don’t see it like that. You pay for AppleCare to cover accidental damage. To say it’s only a scar or gouge in the corner makes no sense to me. But I don’t think I’m alone.
I agree. Each person is agreeably entitled to their own opinion, and considering that, IMHO, I too, would have used Apple Care!

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

If there is only 6 or 7 months of AppleCare+ left, I'm not sure that I would describe this as a waste of a trade-in.

That said, if it is only a gouge, Apple will probably return the watch without a repair. AC+ does not cover what Apple calls cosmetic damage.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
If there is only 6 or 7 months of AppleCare+ left, I'm not sure that I would describe this as a waste of a trade-in.

That said, if it is only a gouge, Apple will probably return the watch without a repair. AC+ does not cover what Apple calls cosmetic damage.

Apple would return the watch? I thought Apple sent the replacement, and THEN wenrob would send in the damaged watch. Your post sounds like the transaction is the other way around.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Apple would return the watch? I thought Apple sent the replacement, and THEN wenrob would send in the damaged watch. Your post sounds like the transaction is the other way around.

You can do it either way. You send it in, they determine if it needs a replacement or not. If it does you pay the $69 and they send it.

Or you can request an express replacement in which they put a hold on your card for the amount of the new watch as well as the $69, send it and then when you receive it you send back the old one and they remove the hold on your card.

It *is* a crack by the way so I should be fine.