Oh No. It Needs Repair. *cry*

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
My wonderful Series 4 has an issue with the digital crown. Great. No Apple Care and have had it only a year. (Little suspicious, as the problem started on 09/11/2019). For some reason the digital crown has become unresponsive. I've gone through all the internet advice - run a little water over it while turning, restarting, etc. There wasn't any dirt but skin does shed. Didn't help. Restarting helped for a bit, as did resetting, but now I can't do the resets, as the crown doesn't respond. :concern: I have two wishes. 1. If it's sent to the repair center, I hope it still acts up. I don't want to get the "we couldn't find a problem" - until it gets back to me of course, and 2. It doesn't cost a lot to repair.
I'm a bit upset as I've really babied this thing.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wonderful Series 4 has an issue with the digital crown. Great. No Apple Care and have had it only a year. (Little suspicious, as the problem started on 09/11/2019). For some reason the digital crown has become unresponsive. I've gone through all the internet advice - run a little water over it while turning, restarting, etc. There wasn't any dirt but skin does shed. Didn't help. Restarting helped for a bit, as did resetting, but now I can do that. :concern: I have two wishes. 1. It still acts up when they get it so I don't get the "we couldn't find a problem" - until I get it back of course, and 2. It doesn't cost a lot.
I'm a bit upset as I've really babied this thing.

I’m sorry, but I missed the two wishes?

With that being said, is the Watch functioning properly with the exception of the Digital Crown? Are you able to press the Digital Crown to pull up the apps and menu? Can you swipe to access the apps, etcetera? If so, you’re in good shape, in my opinion.

anachrotech

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
No, I can't use the crown to pull up apps and menu. If I go into an app, I can't go back to the watch face.

ETA: Brought in for repair, picked up a 5. Now I'll have 2.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4