Activating Apple Watch Series 3 on another plan's line

dgrass90

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
My work pays for my iPhone & service. I bought an Apple Watch Series 3 (cellular) and want to have it paired with my work line. Unfortunately, the firm doesn't have a way for me to add a line of service for my watch to my plan and have me repay only that portion.

My wife has the same provider for her iPhone as my work iPhone (AT&T). Can I add a line on her plan for the watch and then, when I activate/pair the watch, have AT&T link the watch line on her plan to my work line's plan?

If that wouldn't work or there is a more simple solution: I'm all ears.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm thinking that won't work. The watch had to be paired with the phone and activated on that phone's account/plan.

So I'd say you have two options:
1) Use wifi only for your watch
2) See if your company will pay for the additional monthly fee

As for #2 , what work benefit will the watch give you? You might be able to make them see the benefit.

And by the way, welcome to iMore.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. I agree with Lee_Bo... I don't think it will work to put your watch on your wife's account. That would pair your watch with her account. I have AT&T as well, and the extra line only costs $10.00 a month. I'm not sure if that applies to corporate accounts, but it never hurts to ask, specially if your husband is willing to pay for it, and if there's work related benefits to having the watch. Good luck and keep us posted on what happens!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77