Apple Watch Screen Capture Not Working

bobcozzi

Jan 25, 2018
Visit site
My first Apple watch is the series 3. After a few days I found the Enable Screen Capture toggle switch on the Watch app on my iPhone. I turned it on and it worked great--for a couple days (about 3 or 4 screen captures). Then it completely ignored the key sequence.
I was on with Apple Support and got the usual "Never heard of this before" response. They actually ended up sending me a replacement watch. Initially out of the box that replacement watch did not recognize the screen capture either.
I happen to have a 2nd Apple Watch Series 3 with Cellular that I got a a gift. So I tried working with it, it worked right way with screen capture. But then after a couple days, I tried it again and nothing.

Even with the latest updates to iOS and WatchOS the same issue occurs.
I went through the normal UnPair and Pair sequence, and that does fix it for a couple days. Then it quits.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you. I don't take screenshots with my Watch so I haven't noticed. Hopefully, others who do take frequent screenshots with the Series 3 Watch will reply soon with perhaps a remedy for you.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just got my s3 watch last night an so far screen capture is working but I'll post if anything changes.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
3/4 of the time when I try to press both buttons at once for a screenshot, the watch either opens the dock or does whatever a digital crown press would do. Apparently you have to definitively press them both at the same time (without even slightly spinning the crown). I don't need to screenshot much, but I find it pretty frustrating when I try to do it.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
TBH mine works too good. Often I'll open Photos on my phone, and there will be a bunch of rando screenshots from my watch.

anon(10000748)

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
I’m so glad they finally added that option, on my gen 0 I was constantly taking screen shots on my watch and not on purpose. It was annoying to have to go through and delete all my screenshot pictures.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
OK, so now I'm completely hysterical and embarrassed. I just learned that the reason I wasn't having any luck taking a screenshot was because I hadn't enabled screenshots from the watch app on my iPhone! :cant-watch: :cant-watch: :laughing:

So, for what it's worth, here's a link to "How to take a screenshot on Apple Watch"

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77