watchOS 4.1 is Out

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
On Tuesday, Apple celebrated Halloween with a plethora of OS updates including watchOS 4.1 (and iOS 11.1).

wOS4.1 offers some new features and bug fixes:

- Stream music on Apple Watch Series 3 with Apple Music or iCloud Music Library
- Listen to live radio on Beats 1, custom stations, and expert-curated stations with the new Radio app on Apple Watch Series 3
- Use Siri to find, discover, and play songs, playlists, or albums
- Sync fitness data with GymKit-enabled treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and indoor bikes for more accurate distance, pace, and energy burn metrics
- Ability to disconnect from a WiFi network in Control Center for Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS + Cellular)
- Fixes an issue for Apple Watch Series 1 and later where Heart Rate notifications were delivered when the feature was not enabled
- Fixes an issue where some users did not receive Stand Reminders
- Resolves an issue where the current stand hour indicator did not appear for some users
- Resolves an issue that caused haptics to not be delivered for silent alarms
- Addresses an issue that prevented Apple Watch (1st generation) from charging for some users
- Resolves an issue where the Sunrise and Sunset complication would sometimes not appear
- Restores Mandarin as the default dictation language for China

The three problems in bold (my emphasis) affected me. I updated at 0 dark 30 so I'll see how the day goes.

Of course, iOS 11.1, also released on Tuesday, is needed to get wOS4.1. It helped greatly with my phones very poor response and bad battery life from updating to iOS 11.0.3. So that's a win.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I updated yesterday and, as I noted in a thread in the watchOS forum, I had a few issues after update - the watch did not receive notifications (haptics - it was on silent but there was no vibration) last night until I restarted it; the watch spontaneously rebooted when I took it off charge when I went to bed last night. I'm hoping that was just a couple of glitches. It's too early to tell on battery life with watchOS 4.1 for me, but battery was fine for me on 4 and 4.0.1.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Well, I typed too soon.

The Good:

Battery life is much improved, both on my Watch and phone.
I'm getting the Stand Reminders I'm promised.

The Not So Much:

I no longer get my Move Goal Completed notification.
I no longer get my .5mi, 1mi, etc., notifications.
I no longer get my Cal Goal notifications (50%, 100%)
My Stand hashmarks/indicators in the Activity app disappear after one viewing.

If I go to it a second time, they're gone though the count (7/12 etc) is still there. If I Force Quit Activity and reopen it, they return. Revisit and they're gone again. I can watch the count update (10/12 etc) but the hashmarks still don't return until FQing.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The Not So Much:

I no longer get my Move Goal Completed notification.
I no longer get my .5mi, 1mi, etc., notifications.
My Stand hashmarks/indicators in the Activity app disappear after one viewing.

I'm not having these issues at all. Though I do wish that the haptics for the 1 mile split was stronger than it is.

rangerdeyo

Trusted Member
Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
I'm still not getting my stand notifications and I even made sure I had the wheelchair setting in the watch app set to no.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not getting my stand notifications and I even made sure I had the wheelchair setting in the watch app set to no.

Ever since I un-paired the watch and set it up again as new, I have been getting consistent and correct stand notifications.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77