Apple Watch saved this man's life (?)

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Seems Apple Watch saved this man's life... (?)

Apple Watch notification helps save man's life: 'It would have been fatal'

The app he was using: [URL="https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/heartwatch-heart-activity-monitor-for-watch/id1062745479?mt=8&at=10l3Vy]https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/heartwatch-heart-activity-monitor-for-watch/id1062745479?mt=8[/URL]

My question is... WatchOS 4 can do the same this app?
Because I think he installed it before WatchOS 4, and now the native OS does the same?
I wonder if someone knows the difference, and the app still worth buying?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes the stock heart rate app will alert you when your heart rate exceeds a certain level for more than 10 minutes and you appear to be inactive. In other words it wouldn’t alert you if you were in the middle of a workout.

The HeartWatch app does a lot more and provides way more data. So it just depends on what you want out of it. If you are not interested in all the details then you probably don’t need or want the app. I happen to have HeartWatch as well as the developers sleep monitoring app. I like and use them both.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
The native Watch app just alerts when you are 10 min over a Max BPM, and the lowest value you can set is 100.
You can’t set minimum.
And another thing: the heart rate app says that tracks the sleep, so do you buy the second app to track sleep? ( may be heart rate app just tracks heart and not sleep quality?).

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The native Watch app just alerts when you are 10 min over a Max BPM, and the lowest value you can set is 100.
You can’t set minimum.
And another thing: the heart rate app says that tracks the sleep, so do you buy the second app to track sleep? ( may be heart rate app just tracks heart and not sleep quality?).

Correct. Two separate apps. One tracks heart rate and the other tracks sleep. HeartWatch and AutoSleep.