Another issue I'm noticing: this afternoon I had notifications go off on the phone rather than the watch, even though the watch was unlocked and paired just fine and the phone was locked and in my pocket
    Ditto, except the phone was on the desk and not in my pocket. It only happened maybe three times. I did the regular voodoo but switched to another Watch before I could tell if it was fixed.

That's the number one reason I got the watch in the first place - to have discrete notifications on my wrist rather than on my phone..
    Lockstep. Until 4.1, I'll have to stay at iOS 11/wOS 3.
    09-25-2017 11:38 AM
    I was surprised this morning on my first workout with OS 4 that the exercise ring fill notification came as I finished my 30 minutes in the middle of the workout. That never happened on OS 3 for me - those notifications always came after I finished the workout. So, a small improvement?
    That's funny that you and Mac Guy like this change. I don't. I prefer to not get notifications of any kind when running. (Which, BTW, is why I don't want LTE.) Of course, I'm already getting used to it and in no time I'll be completely ignoring it.
    09-26-2017 02:30 PM
    That's funny that you and Mac Guy like this change.
    I like it because my Outdoor Walks are often under a time constraint. I've almost always closed my Move and Stand rings or will soon, without time being an issue.

But if my pace drops, the Exercise time accrues more slowly, increasing the Outdoor Walk time, which is seldom possible. And I don't want to walk around the house like I'm crazy man.

Now if Apple gave me a Taptic warning that my pace was dropping, then the 'Exercise Ring Closed' would have little value for me. At least this way I don't have to check my Watch as often, which is annoying since just raising my wrist doesn't show Green Ring progress. The ERC notification isn't exactly what I want but it's a big help and was a pleasant surprise.
    10-01-2017 03:15 PM
    I like it because my Outdoor Walks are often under a time constraint. I've almost always closed my Move and Stand rings or will soon, without time being an issue.

But if my pace drops, the Exercise time accrues more slowly, increasing the Outdoor Walk time, which is seldom possible. And I don't want to walk around the house like I'm crazy man.

Now if Apple gave me a Taptic warning that my pace was dropping, then the 'Exercise Ring Closed' would have little value for me. At least this way I don't have to check my Watch as often, which is annoying since just raising my wrist doesn't show Green Ring progress. The ERC notification isn't exactly what I want but it's a big help and was a pleasant surprise.
    Do you walk around in your house?
    You can add current pace to your workout app, and you can tell if you’re walking too slow or too fast. 10-13 minutes/KM still counted towards my exercise ring.
    10-01-2017 06:07 PM
    You can add current pace to your workout app, and you can tell if you’re walking too slow or too fast. 10-13 minutes/KM still counted towards my exercise ring.
    Ok, if I'm inferring correctly, there's no way for me to know the minimum pace the Workout app sees as 'brisk'. So I have to experiment to see what pace counts toward my Exercise ring, note that pace, then keep checking it do see if I'm ahead, behind, or on point? I appreciate the suggestion, but that's far more tedium than I care to do.

It may be more beneficial to get an app that lets me set a pace tone and experiment on TPM to keep me in the green. Once I do that, I can probably use iTunes to fine the same in BPM and try it with music.
    10-02-2017 02:50 AM
    Ok, if I'm inferring correctly, there's no way for me to know the minimum pace the Workout app sees as 'brisk'. So I have to experiment to see what pace counts toward my Exercise ring, note that pace, then keep checking it do see if I'm ahead, behind, or on point? I appreciate the suggestion, but that's far more tedium than I care to do.

It may be more beneficial to get an app that lets me set a pace tone and experiment on TPM to keep me in the green. Once I do that, I can probably use iTunes to fine the same in BPM and try it with music.
    Yep! No worries.
    I’ve been doing walks at 100BPM, and it does add up to the Exercise ring.
    10-02-2017 02:52 AM
31 12