Issues with Apple Watch since iOS beta 10.3.2

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Rene... Since the last beta iOS update I can't get any of my 3rd party apps to sync with my Apple Watch. I'm using Spark, Tiny Calendar and Flipboard. The watch is on 3.2. and my iPhone 7 is now on 10.3.2. Have you heard of any issues with the last beta update and 3rd party apps? I do know that Outlook for iOS isn't syncing with the watch ... but I believe a lot of users have been complaining about that since the initial 10.0 update. Any suggestions?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be working @wezra -- my Fantastical changes each day. Just launched the app from the complication, and while it took a few seconds to change days, it did sync up. It's always been slow doing that though, which doesn't bother me as I rely on the complications more than the apps.

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine seems to be working @wezra -- my Fantastical changes each day. Just launched the app from the complication, and while it took a few seconds to change days, it did sync up. It's always been slow doing that though, which doesn't bother me as I rely on the complications more than the apps.

An Update....

I sent a video to the folks that develop Spark that show exactly what is going on with the Apple Watch on 3.2 and Spark. They wrote me back today saying that the issue is with Watch OS 3.2 and they gave me some recommendations to try to fix it.

But as of right now... none of my 3rd party apps are working on 3.2. I unpaired the watch, completely reset it, uninstalled every app from the iPhone and then reinstalled them... they still don't work. So their is obviously an issue with 3.2 since they all worked prior to the update. Apple needs to address this immediately!!!

wezra

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Final update... After much frustration I called Apple Support for assistance. They figured out that iOS beta 10.3.2 release 2 was not playing nice with Watch OS 3.2 in terms of my 3rd party apps. So they walked me through restoring the iPhone back to 10.3.1. It took a good hour to get the phone and watch reset but in the end all of my 3rd party apps now work as they should on the watch.

I really enjoy the public beta program but this is a case where it just wasn't working for me so it was better to revert back to the last official iOS release and leave it at that. But that's what betas are all about...you roll the dice that everything is going to work ok. In this case it didn't and it was better to jump off the beta train.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77