Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
But comparing to Series 2 and 3, the original AW'S battery life is pretty short.

I agree. My AWs get very low if I use a Workout (and Activity) compared to my S2. That said, unless I Force Quit those two apps after my workout, my S2's battery life nose dives.

I'm going to pass on the S3C and shoot for a S3 Nike+. The battery life should be noticeably better. But a new phone is needed first.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I agree. My AWs get very low if I use a Workout (and Activity) compared to my S2. That said, unless I Force Quit those two apps after my workout, my S2's battery life nose dives.

I'm going to pass on the S3C and shoot for a S3 Nike+. The battery life should be noticeably better. But a new phone is needed first.

I'll just stick to my Series 2 as the battery life is more than enough for me and lasts a lot longer than my original AW.

So new phone, I presume you're getting the X?

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Which phone are you planning to get?

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
So new phone, I presume you're getting the X?
Which phone are you planning to get?

It's between an SE and X. I love the form factor of the 4/5/SE models in look and feel. The X's OLED screen is the big draw for me if I can learn to like the size.

If the weight wasn't so long, I'd just put a new battery in my 5s and roll with that until the new SE is announced. Then it'd be time to stop cutting bait.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
It's between an SE and X. I love the form factor of the 4/5/SE models in look and feel. The X's OLED screen is the big draw for me if I can learn to like the size.

If the weight wasn't so long, I'd just put a new battery in my 5s and roll with that until the new SE is announced. Then it'd be time to stop cutting bait.

I think you’ll get used to the size of the X, and trust me that OLED is really good.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

A new SE might be on the horizon but the X will not disappoint you. Only drawback is the cost, else it's an all-go.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Still have the 1st gen/series 0 though I do want a series 3 with the faster processor. Pretty much just using it for notifications because it's been too slow for much else (since day 1).
I have the SS 42mm and not sure I'm ready to part with $600+ again ;)

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I think you’ll get used to the size of the X, and trust me that OLED is really good.

The Good Angel with the halo is on my shoulder saying 'Don't listen to him! Think this through and be financially responsible!'

A new SE might be on the horizon but the X will not disappoint you. Only drawback is the cost, else it's an all-go.

The Bad Angel with the latex thigh highs is on my other shoulder and she's whispering 'Listen to him! It's only money. Chicks will dig you. Down here we call it the iPhone XXX!'

I've got to get to the Apple Store and check it out.
I have the SS 42mm and not sure I'm ready to part with $600+ again

Oh I know that feeling. That was my first Watch. I'd like to get it again in S3 but I'm even reconsidering getting cellular. The subscription is only $10/mo but that's before taxes. Out this way it's closer to $14. Mucho moola for something that truly won't get much use.

However Ms. Thigh Highs is whispering 'Chicks dig that Explorer Watch face and the red dot.'

::sigh:: What's a boy to do.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The Good Angel with the halo is on my shoulder saying 'Don't listen to him! Think this through and be financially responsible!'

The Bad Angel with the latex thigh highs is on my other shoulder and she's whispering 'Listen to him! It's only money. Chicks will dig you. Down here we call it the iPhone XXX!'

Oh I know that feeling. That was my first Watch. I'd like to get it again in S3 but I'm even reconsidering getting cellular. The subscription is only $10/mo but that's before taxes. Out this way it's closer to $14. Mucho moola for something that truly won't get much use.

However Ms. Thigh Highs is whispering 'Chicks dig that Explorer Watch face and the red dot.'

::sigh:: What's a boy to do.

HAHAHAHA!

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site

That's a good one! Remember, resistance is futile and welcoming you to the dark side!

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Remember, resistance is futile and welcoming you to the dark side!

<sigh> I stopped in Best Buy today and checked out the X. That screen is gorgeous. And the scrolling is butter smooth. And fast. Surprisingly, it fits in my front pants pocket, and I did not think it would. Not doing so would have been a deal breaker. And it's pretty fast.

I feel myself becoming X-Rated. Ms. Thigh Highs is winning. She's about to kick the halo off of The Good Angel, with her spiky heel. I don't think I'll last the week. <sigh>

And then I can get an AWS3.

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
<sigh> I stopped in Best Buy today and checked out the X. That screen is gorgeous. And the scrolling is butter smooth. And fast. Surprisingly, it fits in my front pants pocket, and I did not think it would. Not doing so would have been a deal breaker. And it's pretty fast.

I feel myself becoming X-Rated. Ms. Thigh Highs is winning. She's about to kick the halo off of The Good Angel, with her spiky heel. I don't think I'll last the week. <sigh>

And then I can get an AWS3.

Time to bring in the fork and horns for the X! Get it and you won't have to upgrade for some time. Then after that you can snag the AW S3 and bring back your halo after that. :cool:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 first gen. One is a 42mm space grey and my hubby just gifted me his 38mm stainless. The 38mm needs a battery so I've got to make an apt for that.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife and I are still rocking the first AW, mine is 42mm and hers is 38mm. For what we use them for, they are still doing the job. We are thinking about getting each other the series 3 as 25th wedding gifts to each other.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
My wife and I are still rocking the first AW, mine is 42mm and hers is 38mm. For what we use them for, they are still doing the job. We are thinking about getting each other the series 3 as 25th wedding gifts to each other.

25th Anniversary? In today’s world that’s awesome.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Oh wow! That’s amazing!!!

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
do you have any idea my applewatch sport side @ back having some dents? how can i remove or back in polished? thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_135239.jpg
    IMG_20160805_135239.jpg
    820.6 KB · Views: 2

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Still rocking the 1st gen (‘Series 0’). But with today’s announcements at WWDC, watchOS 5 won’t be available for this device.

At this point I’ll wait for the Series 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77