Anyone Still Using First Gen Apple Watch?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
fd38c259147287f46e4adae0e1c8658d.jpg

Still going

Snoweagle

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
For my fast search, yes, but I'll visit apple oficial repair store tomorrow, and will post update here.

Thanks and do update us, so if my original Apple Watch breaks down before the end of the 3rd year, I'll know if I can send it for a Genius Bar appointment.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Still using the original Series 0. Primarily for bike rides so I can monitor, and if needed, safely stop to take a call or text. Watch does a good job overall capturing ride health data (heart rate, etc.). Beyond that I don't use during the week as the default band that came with the 42mm Sport version tends to cause sweat and resultant irritation to build up - even when indoors with AC.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Still using the original Series 0. Primarily for bike rides so I can monitor, and if needed, safely stop to take a call or text. Watch does a good job overall capturing ride health data (heart rate, etc.). Beyond that I don't use during the week as the default band that came with the 42mm Sport version tends to cause sweat and resultant irritation to build up - even when indoors with AC.

You should give the other bands a try.
The Nike+ band and Sports Loop should solve the problem.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes I’m not buying a new one until the use have become what I think it could be. LTE on it is not what I picture so I’ll keep rocking my OG until it’s time

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Still currently use mine daily. If they figure out a new design (thinner, possibly round) then I'll think about buying one.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i am still using my original apple watch i passed on series 2 but am kicking around the idea of the series 3 with LTE just not sure if it is worth the price, since mine still works it is slow as hell but works.

picnicmetoo

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Still have mine, series 3 LTE OO Need better battery but have OS4 on it and doing okay-except it only makes the day about 50%. Had decided would upgrade when cellular available. Had not worn a watch for several years but decided to try it and now find it really functions well for my needs/wants-being water resistant, having LTE, much better battery will be a very good upgrade for me.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
i am still using my original apple watch i passed on series 2 but am kicking around the idea of the series 3 with LTE just not sure if it is worth the price, since mine still works it is slow as hell but works.

It’s worth it for sure!
You won’t regret it, it’s a huge upgrade IMO.

fabio984

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Got 2 Apple Watch from eBay, used, 1st gen, testing battery life. Charged 100%, and put plane mode, and both are draining at same time waiting to see how this goes until 20% +-.

116f11d9fadf0b529ed457ab2419ef91.jpg

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
3 with LTE just not sure if it is worth the price,

An S3 is almost certainly worth the price for anyone who likes the Apple Watch. I think the big question is— is LTE worth the additional cost and subscription. I think that's the biggest bit to work out.

I went for the LTE (still waiting!) mainly because not having it and wishing I did would bug me more than having it and not using it. LOL!

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
An S3 is almost certainly worth the price for anyone who likes the Apple Watch. I think the big question is— is LTE worth the additional cost and subscription. I think that's the biggest bit to work out.

I went for the LTE (still waiting!) mainly because not having it and wishing I did would bug me more than having it and not using it. LOL!

Very true!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2