Apple Watch and iMessages

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It most likely is me but I can't find anything on this. Does anyone know if or how to easily clear out iMessages on an Apple Watch. When I clear then out of my iPhone they are still on my watch. Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As of WatchOS 1.01, you still have to delete them one by one, unfortunately. It would be nice if Apple could make deleting messages sync across all connected devices in the manner it does with email.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
As of WatchOS 1.01, you still have to delete them one by one, unfortunately. It would be nice if Apple could make deleting messages sync across all connected devices in the manner it does with email.

Thanks D. I thought so but wanted to be sure. Stinks they don't sync but hopefully next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I noticed this a few days ago and it actually saved my day yesterday because I deleted a message on my iPhone with a very important phone number, remembered later that it was still on the watch

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed this a few days ago and it actually saved my day yesterday because I deleted a message on my iPhone with a very important phone number, remembered later that it was still on the watch

That is indeed the 'one' good thing about the feature....:)

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got a reply text with photo attachment on my watch but it didn't show up in the message thread on my iPhone. Other texts have been fine. Strange! 😳

Does this happen a lot?

Update: Just went through messages and I found that I have received quite a few texts on one device but not the other. This is a problem because I use texting for work and need to have all the info on the phone. I was initially annoyed that notifications only went through on one or the other but then figured it made sense if you were actively on the phone, you wouldn't need a tap on the wrist, etc. But not having the message on the phone at all and then no alert from the watch...no bueno. 😕

Actually just realized that I am not getting alerts (taptic or ringtone) on either device. 😱

*Update: Phone just rang and both devices alerted so it's an iMessage issue.)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

(On OS2, updated to iOS9.0.1 today and of course this issue only started today.)

Last edited:

dezee38

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Had an issue with my watch resetting itself. I took it to the Apple Store and they unpaired my watch in a effort to solve the problem. When I repaired the watch my text message log didn't appear back on my watch. Any ideas? Outside of unpairing and repairing.

LVMHgirl

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I just got a reply text with photo attachment on my watch but it didn't show up in the message thread on my iPhone. Other texts have been fine. Strange!

Does this happen a lot?

Update: Just went through messages and I found that I have received quite a few texts on one device but not the other. This is a problem because I use texting for work and need to have all the info on the phone. I was initially annoyed that notifications only went through on one or the other but then figured it made sense if you were actively on the phone, you wouldn't need a tap on the wrist, etc. But not having the message on the phone at all and then no alert from the watch...no bueno.

Actually just realized that I am not getting alerts (taptic or ringtone) on either device.

*Update: Phone just rang and both devices alerted so it's an iMessage issue.)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

(On OS2, updated to iOS9.0.1 today and of course this issue only started today.)

Now some messages are going to my iPad and watch but skipping my phone. :( Which is weird because I don't use my iPad for messages but checked there just in case. Strange.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77