Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch?

manticore999

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Does anyone give you a hard time for wearing your Apple Watch

I used to care what other people think, but then I tried to pay my bills with their opionions.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

I live in a large metro area, and think I've seen two other Apple Watches around town. The Apple Store doesn't count. One person at my workplace, and one of my doctors asked about it. Beyond that not sure how much anyone cares.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

One of my coworkers called me iB1tch LOL. But I don't care. Surprisingly I've only had like 5 people in the almost two months I've owned it even ask if it was the Watch people are just either really oblivious or don't care. But I tend to notice all the little things like the type of watches people wear and what gadgets they're using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keity

Banned
May 2, 2015
Visit site

Nope, I use it everywhere but I understand that they always notice me to see which i'm using. LOL!

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I've gotten nothing but pretty positive responses. My boss praised me for getting it... Mainly bc he has apple stock! But co workers at work love it. One guy has a pebble, and he and i would talk about getting our Apple Watches. I went ahead and got it before him, played with it all weekend, before i have him the monday morning verdict. He really wants one now. It's only just gonna get better from here on out

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site

After 2 weeks of ownership, I've only had a few positive comments and questions from people I know (family and co-workers). Other than that no one seems to notice or care.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site

I had two people notice my Watch last week and both, oddly, on the same day. Thursday lunchtime I was in the barbers getting my hair cut and the barber noticed it. That evening my missus was out at the cinema with one of her mates, so I went down our local chippy* and the guy behind the counter saw it.

Both were positive and asked what I thought about it and what it could do - the bloke in the chip shop damn near lost his mind when I told him I could make phone calls on it ...

*For US readers not familiar with top-notch British cuisine, purveyors of battered cod and chips :tongue:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Only had positive comments even from android supports not a lot of people notice it really and I don't really advertise it .. They normally just see me using it etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
People who see it and recognize it for what it is usually ask me "is that the iPhone watch?" I just smile and say yes and tell them I like it. Most either ignore it or don't notice it until I start fiddling with it to answer a text. My parents think it is a huge waste of money but they thought the same thing about the iPhone, and now they have upgraded to the 6! I'm thinking of getting them each a second generation sport model when that one comes out. I'm sure they will protest at the price at first but then come to find out how useful it can be.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The manager at Sports Authority asked me all kinds of questions after I used it for Apple Pay. She was very intrigued by it. I was the first one she had seen and the first to pay with it.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a single negative response, or even a neutral response for that matter. It's all been overwhelmingly positive. Some call it the Apple Watch, others the iWatch (who I correct), but everyone asks a million questions and wants me to justify the purchase on their behalf so they'd feel better about dropping $700 (everyone loves the Milanese band as much as I do), so that gets a bit tedious. I've also had people say, "Oh wow, you got the most expensive one!" I quickly and readily inform them that I did not in fact spend $17,000 on a watch that will be replaced in a year and that while it is the more expensive of the realistic two, it's still not the most expensive. That's been the most surprising thing to me, though, because the only way to tell is by the finish, and I didn't think normal non-tech people were into it enough to know that, but apparently they are. The funniest response thus far has been my surgeon who saw that his name was on my Apple Watch as an appointment and he was so excited that he took a picture of it on his iPhone so he could post it. He said he felt special. And then my general care physician is the tech guy in his office who tests all the new products before they buy them for everybody and he uses me for his source of information about these things. I helped them integrate iPhones and then iPads into their servers and services and now he wants an Apple Watch for personal use, so when I go in every three months for my normal checkup, we talk about new technology as much as we do my health and medications. But back on topic of the Watch, it gets noticed on a daily basis and now when I hear someone gasp, I expect it to be a Watch comment. I was at a lounge a couple weeks ago and this drunk girl freaked out and grabbed my wrist/hand out of the air and screamed, "Oh my God!" Naturally, I'm expecting another Watch comment and so was my friend, but, to my surprise, it was about my ring that my boyfriend and I bought each other a matching set of. Apparently when you're drunk, diamonds look extra shiny.

Okris30

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I got a little bit here and there with my first full week with the watch however I could careless what anyone thinks because I'm loving my apple watch.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Half the people still think it's my Pebble Watch, or Moto 360 and are desensitized to my tech-prowess. Most common comment is "Wow that's the first one I've seen up close". Not too many people asking questions, or expecting a tutorial which fine by me because ain't nobody got time for that ...
post-6769-aint-nobody-got-time-for-that-yIus.gif

maj71303

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Well my wife has the Apple Watch and not many folks pay attention to her watch. But she gets mad that my watch which is a Galaxy Gear S gets much more attention. The bigger curved screen probably is what does it. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77