Phone notifications that are not mirrored?

romeytang

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,

Trying to figure out what happens to notifications that are not mirrored on the Apple Watch. Do they still come through on the phone, allowing me to check them later at my leisure, or do they not display on my phone at all.

I am pretty certain the watch will prevent the phone from vibrating or making sound but can't find a definitive answer on what happens if the notification is only turned on on the phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello all,
Hello

Trying to figure out what happens to notifications that are not mirrored on the Apple Watch. Do they still come through on the phone, allowing me to check them later at my leisure, or do they not display on my phone at all.
That option has zero effect on the iPhone. Those notifications will continue to be available on it.

I am pretty certain the watch will prevent the phone from vibrating or making sound but can't find a definitive answer on what happens if the notification is only turned on on the phone.

I have four email accounts configured on my iPhone. I have the "custom" option enabled via the Watch app because I only want two of the four accounts to notify me on my watch. It works perfectly. The notifications for the other two goes to my iPhone only. Again, it works perfectly. In short, the notifications that are NOT set to mirror the phone will still alert you via the phone.

romeytang

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information, I am glad things work as I hoped. I can say that having the Apple Watch has caused me to rethink what notifications I have turned on in general. Getting rid of Facebook notifications has done wonders for my sanity :). Anyone else notice the Apple Watch helping them look at the phone less?

I am even contemplating switching to the mail app for VIPs, but Mailbox has been working well for me so far.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the information, I am glad things work as I hoped. I can say that having the Apple Watch has caused me to rethink what notifications I have turned on in general. Getting rid of Facebook notifications has done wonders for my sanity :). Anyone else notice the Apple Watch helping them look at the phone less?

I am even contemplating switching to the mail app for VIPs, but Mailbox has been working well for me so far.

Yes, I have noticed, and it is indeed a Blessing to me...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2