A day with my fake Watch

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
When the Watch was introduced last year I got quite a few people asking me then if my watch was an Watch. So I thought it would be fun now that the Watch is almost here to wear my watch again to see what kind of reception I got. Here is the watch
IMG_1449.jpg
IMG_1450.JPG
My wife bought it for my birthday and it's one of those watches I think it's called 1Face. Anyway it doesn't show the time until you push a button so that the battery will last FOREVER!

6AM get up get ready and suit up with the watch

7:15 Catch the train to work first victim guy sitting in front of me
Guy: Is that an Watch? Me: Oh no the Watch wont be out until April 24th

8:15 Pulling into the station I'm standing in line to get off the train 2nd and 3rd victims. Two women talking behind me I've got headphones on but I can hear the convo. Woman1: Oh look I think he's wearing one of those Watches I've been hearing about Woman2: Yeah I think it's the Sport Model, I love the red

8:30 Get to work and co-worker spots me he becomes victim 4. In all fairness he knows I buy most Apple products.
Co-worker: Is that the new Watch? can I see? Me: Nah it's just a watch but once I boot up my laptop I can show you what the Watch looks like. I boot up and go to apple.ca show him the Watch. He thought it was nice looking but it's not for him he's happy with his feature phone and it's a little out of his price range anyway he says.

Stay tuned for more throughout the rest of the day... :D

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
A LOT of my coworkers assume I'm getting one, because I pretty much get everything that comes out techwise. (well not iphones, BUT I do own an ipad so don't hate) But I'm like nope, don't have the iphone for it! I part of me is tempted thou. ;) You never know, might just see my ad in the MP some day. WTT Note 4 for iPhone 6. LOL

scwleung

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I should totally dust off my iPod nano (square) that's attached to a watch strap and walk around with that for a day... This is a great idea.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
A LOT of my coworkers assume I'm getting one, because I pretty much get everything that comes out techwise. (well not iphones, BUT I do own an ipad so don't hate) But I'm like nope, don't have the iphone for it! I part of me is tempted thou. ;) You never know, might just see my ad in the MP some day. WTT Note 4 for iPhone 6. LOL
Do it you know you want to, I'm the little devil on your shoulder whispering in your ear lol

I should totally dust off my iPod nano (square) that's attached to a watch strap and walk around with that for a day... This is a great idea.
Do it! the reactions are the best

LOL Classic! Good luck the rest of the day.
haha will keep everyone updated :D

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Ever see the Jimmy K skit when they go outside and talk with people about the new iPhone Model? They are holding a iPhone 4S and telling them it's a iPhone 6. The reactions and responses are hilarious.. General public hasn't the slightest clue.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ever see the Jimmy K skit when they go outside and talk with people about the new iPhone Model? They are holding a iPhone 4S and telling them it's a iPhone 6. The reactions and responses are hilarious.. General public hasn't the slightest clue.

They did one on the watch too!!!!!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
9:52AM I go to update Java and Flash player on co-worker's computer
Co:worker Oh you're wearing a fancy watch it's not an iWatch is it? Me: laughing "Oh no" then we started talking about the Watch. About the price then he was saying they were beautiful and he considered buying one until he found out it wasn't waterproof. He wanted to swim in it and couldn't see the point of paying $1000 and not being able to. He also said it's not like it has speakers in it which is when I told him it has a mic and you can take a phone call on it. He seemed impressed.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
noon - 12:30 went to grab a sub for lunch. I got lots of stares but no one said anything or approached. I caught a few passersby who glanced at my arm then met my gaze and smiled. Then when I was at the sub place a woman behind me tapped me on my shoulder.
Woman: Is that the Watch? I've heard everyone talking about it Me: No just a regular watch. The Watch comes out on the 24th. Then we had a whole conversation about it. She was thinking of getting it for her boyfriend becauase he really loves his iPhone. She asked me the price, I told her where she could see it in person and how to order it online. It was a pretty cool interaction I even almost asked her to take a selfie with me as one of my victims/people fooled but yeah that was just a bit awkward.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Well it's been pretty quiet so far since I'm stuck at work. Leaving soon to go home though so the train ride home should be interesting. It's an older crowd usually. I will keep you all updated.:D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
5:11 On the train headed home, quiet ride, Android user gave an eye roll and sigh when I took my winter jacket off. Anyone wanna caption what was probably going through his mind?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
7PM I was home was much more quiet than I expected

I haven't worn a watch in years so it was good to get used to the feeling again in anticipation.

Garneth

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Until my apple watch arrives I really ought to put back together my square iPod nano with it's watch strap xD

Edit: Dammit, why did I go and lose my strap? I have the iPod but no strap T.T

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2