Official waiting up for Apple Watch pre-orders pajama party thread!

JStaggie

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone heard about how accurate the heart rate monitor is? I sold a Fitbit Surge to get the Apple watch and want to use it for working out. I'm getting the Sport version.

One reviewer was pleasantly surprised that it pretty much matched her chest strap monitor (umlike a different sport watch). However, another found that it didn't adapt to their rapid Interval workout and that it was undercounting. The second commented that Apple suggested linking a chest strap to the watch (but not sure that's possible; maybe they meant to the phone?)

chadec

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I've never ordered at launch before. When does the app store generally come back up?

It's due to come back up at 12:01 PDT, but it has varied a minute or ten on a few previous pre orders. I honestly don't think the servers will be as slammed as for a phone launch.

vwerneck

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
The plan is to come back online at 00:01 on the west coast time. But I read somewhere that once it came online around 15 minutes before planned.

Tolulope Obe

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
lol- is already hard upgrading the phone every year and mac every other year- adding a watch replacement that costs almost as much as the iPhone every year to that will be almost unbearable
I would love to get the steel space black but I just can't justify it for the first generation device, so space grey sport it is for me. I wonder how it would look with a white band.

I upgrade my iPhone once a year, because the voices make me do it. I'm not sure I'm looking forward to also upgrading the watch at the same pace. I'm thinking Apple may just want to offer a direct deposit option. They already get almost as much of my money as my ex-wife does.

carlsimmons81

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely going with stainless steel, but I can't decide between black sport and classic black leather buckle. Thoughts? I'm worried the sport band will fall of easily. I had issues with the Fitbit.

I plan on going with the Milanese for the Stainless Steel and the Black Band for working out. If I can't order a second band tonight, I will just order the Stainless Steel with the Black Buckle and get the Milanese later.

I've heard the sport bands do not fall off easily so I wouldn't be too worried.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2