Watch release cycle and pricing

Would you buy the Apple Watch Yearly

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if they offered a buyback program.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • If the price was lower

• No

• I wouldn't buy the watch period.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moc426

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Technology moves extremely fast, so I am wondering can a watch really be a new gadget that is replaced so often by consumers. I don't wear a watch these days, but when I did, it wasn't something I replaced often. Which leads me to...

The watch is an expensive device, I am wondering with that price point if they will release an updated watch in 1 year time like they do with phones. While that works with phones as they are mainly subsidized (at least in the US), I don't see people replacing it each year. With the poor battery life on this first watch, I would expect better battery life in the next iteration.

So for those who are getting the watch (perhaps a band or two), will you still pay for it again next year if it is released? I personally think its too expensive to buy and replace each year. At what price point, would you think is fair so you would be willing to replace it yearly?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
haha I've been wondering the same thing. I wish I would have seen this before I posted my thread. I will do the same thing I do with my iPhones. I will buy it every other year or maybe after two years depending on how far the watch can be upgraded. The only saving grace is if the watch holds it's value like most other Apple products then you can sell it the following year if you intend to buy the newer model. I think it's new so we just have to wait and see how it works out. One of my thought is that as the watch becomes more independent of the phone maybe they will have some kind of subsidized cost if it starts using a data plan who knows.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2