I'd like to use an aluminium Watch as a running companion and while sleeping, using a stainless steel Watch at other times. Obvious other benefits include having a fully charged device ready to go.

No doubt we'll know by the pre-ordering date, likely from Apple Retail Staff. If you find an answer sooner I'd love to know if I can alternate.

Cheers.

*EDIT* Answered: You can alternate two Watches. Unpairing and pairing happens in the Watch app, apparently with saved state and restore. If that process is efficient when I demo them, I'll buy two.
    Last edited by David Hroncheck; 03-23-2015 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Answered
    03-13-2015 05:32 AM
    I think you should, but FYI, the Apple Watch does not have any sleep tracking abilities I'm aware of
    03-13-2015 06:44 AM
    Probably just have to pair it once both watches are set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-13-2015 06:25 PM
    Why wouldn't you just get the steel watch and two straps?
    03-14-2015 02:05 PM
    Wear and tear on the Sport, its also lighter. I run and bike nearly every day of the year, I want a fully charged Watch always ready. Same for Bluetooth earbuds, having two sets is a bit of a luxury, but knowing one is always fully charged allows me to take them on a 3-hour run whenever I decide.
    03-23-2015 08:11 AM
    Not interested in any wearable sleep trackers, though I'm a proponent of the science. I'm interested in taptic alarms and general notifications. My wife has a slightly different schedule and the kids are always crawling into our bed. My alarm goes off and they all wake up. Same can happen from the brightness of my screen when I check received messages.
    Last edited by David Hroncheck; 03-23-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    03-23-2015 08:17 AM
    I bet someone will release a watch app that does sleep tracking. After all the watch has an accelerometer which is how most of the other wearable sleep trackers work.
    03-23-2015 08:36 AM
    Same for Bluetooth earbuds, having two sets is a bit of a luxury, but knowing one is always fully charged allows me to take them on a 3-hour run whenever I decide.
    Out of interest, what are your favourite Bluetooth earbuds for running? I've been using the EarPods that came with my phone, and if there's even a bit of wind, they fall out.
    03-23-2015 09:48 AM
    I bet someone will release a watch app that does sleep tracking. After all the watch has an accelerometer which is how most of the other wearable sleep trackers work.
    Those will certainly come, but not likely before the WatchKit SDK for native apps drops. The current SDK barely provides access to the Watch's sensors.
    04-08-2015 07:07 AM
    Out of interest, what are your favourite Bluetooth earbuds for running? I've been using the EarPods that came with my phone, and if there's even a bit of wind, they fall out.

Jaybird Bluebuds X Sport. 8hr battery, decent sound, nice UI (iPhone status bar icon to monitor battery). Expensive. Admittedly though I find myself often choosing my wired Sennheiser Adidas PMX 685i. I like the neck-wrap style for its fit in the ear, stays put. Barely notice the wires. No battery to be concerned with. However, the main reason I'll use the wired ones is Siri. I've tested a few BT headsets and they all run into problems if you use Siri. There's lag or latency with BT that can be frustrating.
    Bifurcated likes this.
    04-08-2015 07:37 AM