Onboard storage capacity

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I looked for it, but I couldn't find it... Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out some info about the onboard storage capacity that the Apple Watch will have?

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
It's unlikely Apple will tell us. I read online that the tester watches distributed within Apple had 8GB, so that's what I'd guess the production watches have.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
But there will still be a direct connection into the device with the"mystery" connector. If you looked closely during the videos about the different metals, you could see the little connector port at the bottom part of the device. I'll post a screencap, just gimme a second

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
:/ 2 gigs is less than I was hoping for. But this IS a first gen device. Still. Boo. What is that, like 40 or so albums? Eh I guess I'll make do. I'll just have to work on a much more selective playlist if I ever go anywhere with just the watch and want to listen to music. Running or working out come to mind, not that I do those as often as I should. :p

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Some have said the hidden connector under the bottom strap connector was for testing and diagnostics, and wouldn't be in the shipping devices. I actually hope it is, however.

Sammuel1973

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Would more storage be better? Of course, but 2GB should be enough for music...we just need to be super selective and be mindful to make room for new apps that would take up more space.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Remember, this first gen watch is basically just for built-in Apple functionality, and as an extension for limited functionality of third party apps running on your iPhone. So, no standalone third party apps will be running on the watch. That means data stores for third party apps to display info on watch from iPhone, and limited music/photos you sync to the watch.

Dave Marsh

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
This will become an issue, however, when Apple allows third party apps to actually run on the watch later this year, which will then seriously impact battery life and storage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2