Using Theater Mode all day

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
One of the things that I had trouble with my Series 2 was battery life. Coming from a Citizen Eco Drive that was solar powered, and could run for 6 months in total darkness to a watch that I had to charge at least once a day was tough for me. I have been with my Series 4 for 5 weeks now. And here are some things that are making it a better experience for me this time.

Trying to get healthier this time, and the goal of trying to close the rings every day.

Recent family health scares that would be helpful with the ECG ability that the watch has. Looking forward to the app coming out, and giving it a try.

And, a suggestion of using Theater Mode while sleeping to save on battery.

About that last one. As I have mentioned, I am a truck driver. One of the things that was driving me nuts was turning the steering wheel, and the watch lighting up, especially at night. So, I just decided to keep it in Theater Mode all day. I’m now getting 2 days between charges, and I usually still have about 30%.

It seems to be a better experience for me this time around.

Thanks to anyone who is still reading to this point.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I too came from a Citizen Eco Drive watch to an Apple Watch Series 2 over 17 months ago and never looked back. I'm looking to upgrade to a Series 4 but in the meantime I may have to try out this tip. Thanks for sharing!!

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Like you, I use theater mode for more than just night time or, well, the theater. I find myself using theater mode any time I don't want it flashing or making sounds, such as in meetings or in a classroom.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I use theater mode while sleeping too because every time I turn over the watch would flash in my eyes.
I can definitely see the advantages to using it in the daytime also. Thanks

anon(8115241)

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
I use theater mode when I have constant access to my phone and in my bed sleeping. Other than that, I see no other use. I don’t want to be constantly tapping my watch for the time just to save a little battery. Finally, I use about 10-20% battery life per day with my watch

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711