Workouts - biking

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Went for a trail ride last week on Saturday. Did 7 miles on twisty wooded dirt trail with ups and downs, with an average heart rate of 140 beats.

Workout app gave me 7 mins of excercise credit vs 48 mine which is how long that loop took. Now I can get full credit walking my senior dog with arthritis at a very slow walk with a much lower average heart rate.

I classed the bike ride as an outdoor cycle. I read a post online saying online cycle still requires 'steps' for excercise (boggles the mind) and so people should pick other for cycling.

Any one else have this issue? It was frustrating to do a ride and not get ring credit. I then did a thirty minute concrete trail ride and called it an 'other'. Heart rate was lower as it was an easier ride, but watch gave me more calories. Sigh.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Went for a trail ride last week on Saturday. Did 7 miles on twisty wooded dirt trail with ups and downs, with an average heart rate of 140 beats.

Workout app gave me 7 mins of excercise credit vs 48 mine which is how long that loop took. Now I can get full credit walking my senior dog with arthritis at a very slow walk with a much lower average heart rate.

I classed the bike ride as an outdoor cycle. I read a post online saying online cycle still requires 'steps' for excercise (boggles the mind) and so people should pick other for cycling.

Any one else have this issue? It was frustrating to do a ride and not get ring credit. I then did a thirty minute concrete trail ride and called it an 'other'. Heart rate was lower as it was an easier ride, but watch gave me more calories. Sigh.

Why deal with a subpar app just because it's the native apple one.
Fitiv pulse is the best workout app bar none, whether just for your phone or for Apple watch. Good luck

jj2339

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Why deal with a subpar app just because it's the native apple one.
Fitiv pulse is the best workout app bar none, whether just for your phone or for Apple watch. Good luck

Oh good idea! I thought that app required a subscription, or is that just for advanced features?

Will activity still go towards the rings? They are a tad silly, but it is always nice to see that animation.

salscott

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh good idea! I thought that app required a subscription, or is that just for advanced features?

Will activity still go towards the rings? They are a tad silly, but it is always nice to see that animation.

It integrates cleanly with rings and all other apps like my fitness pal, etc.
It's a few bucks a year, but I paid damn near $500 for the watch and it makes it perfect. You can decide what metrics you want to see on the watch. It's the app apple should have loaded on the watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2