Some Thoughts On Charging

Only_David

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
With wireless charging now available, I got to thinking about iPhone charging in general

I'm fast-charging my iPhone 8 with an Anker 24 watt Elite Power Port 2 with appropriate Anker USB-C cable. Together they cost $23 and do a great job - Recent test - 25% to 90% in an hour.

I never gave one thought to buying any kind of wireless charger. Here was my thinking:

If this was the iPhone Charging Olympics it looks like the "Ease Of Use" section would give the wireless charger a 10. On the other hand "Ease Of Use", for me anyway with my charger, would rate at least a 9.

Wireless charger - You take your iPhone and put it down on a slab which will change it.

Fast Charger - You take your phone, walk over to a fast charger cord and push it in the opening. To me that qualifies as "Very Easy".

I never ever have the feeling, "I wish this could be easier". None at all.

I'm 85 years old and when you're this old you're supposedly looking to make everything easier. Until my hand arthritis gets so bad that I can't handle plugging in my phone to a cord, I'll be all right this way.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Nice Rant

Back in the Palm Pre days I used wireless charging and it worked perfect but I don’t miss it enough to go back

PJD642

Oct 12, 2017
Visit site
I prefer the wireless solely because when it's on the charger at night and I get a call, I can just grab it and answer without having to unplug a cord or trying to lift it off the charging stand plug. Otherwise, I agree that most of the time it's a solution in search of a problem.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My 6s Plus has battery wear, so I have to charge more often. The cable works better for me, as I use my phone often while charging. I try to go to bed at night with a full charge, in case I get an emergency call during the night. For me, it's just as easy to plug in as to set down.

StraightlineBoy

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Until I have furniture that has wireless pads built into it then I’m not interested. If I have to have some sort of puck on whatever surface then it’s largely just more clutter no matter how nice they look. Cables are much cheaper; I have a cable at work, one in the car, one by my bedside etc. I won’t be jumping on the “wireless” (contains a wire) bandwagon any time soon

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Until I have furniture that has wireless pads built into it then I’m not interested. If I have to have some sort of puck on whatever surface then it’s largely just more clutter no matter how nice they look. Cables are much cheaper; I have a cable at work, one in the car, one by my bedside etc. I won’t be jumping on the “wireless” (contains a wire) bandwagon any time soon

Maybe if you get rid of other clutter the charging pad won’t be considered clutter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77