Just a PSA regarding WatchDots

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So I saw the review of Watchdots on here. For those that don't know, its a company that makes these little dots that cover the red dot on the Series 3 Apple Watch. I though it was kind of a cool idea, so I ordered some for my wife because I though she might like it.

They are horrible. It took them nearly a month to ship them, and even when they do ship they send them first class mail with no tracking.

When they finally have arrived they are junk. They are on this double sided sticky paper and they won't remove from the non sticky side and adhere to the watch. They are essentially junk. Also they are supposed to be the XL dots to cover the red dot, but I can tell when I hold them up to the watch that they aren't going to completely cover it.

Just an PSA for anyone looking to buy these. Avoid them as the company is awful to deal with. A month from an item being shipped in the U.S. and then total junk when I got them. The only reason they even shipped them in the first place is because I called them out on twitter and more people piled on because they hadn't gotten theirs yet either.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Re: Avoid WatchDots

Thx for the update. I won’t be hiding the red dot. It’s not bothering me I like it!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

What’s wrong with viewing the red dot on the series 3 Watch? I mean, I didn’t know that it was a turn-off to people. I love mine.

edswife1970

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site

So I saw the review of Watchdots on here. For those that don't know, its a company that makes these little dots that cover the red dot on the Series 3 Apple Watch. I though it was kind of a cool idea, so I ordered some for my wife because I though she might like it.

They are horrible. It took them nearly a month to ship them, and even when they do ship they send them first class mail with no tracking.

When they finally have arrived they are junk. They are on this double sided sticky paper and they won't remove from the non sticky side and adhere to the watch. They are essentially junk. Also they are supposed to be the XL dots to cover the red dot, but I can tell when I hold them up to the watch that they aren't going to completely cover it.

Just an PSA for anyone looking to buy these. Avoid them as the company is awful to deal with. A month from an item being shipped in the U.S. and then total junk when I got them. The only reason they even shipped them in the first place is because I called them out on twitter and more people piled on because they hadn't gotten theirs yet either.

I ordered 2 sets and it took a long time to get them. They do look chintzy; haven’t taken them out of the package yet (not sure I ever will) so that is a lesson learned. And by the way, I’ve decided that I like that red dot after all

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

A warning about a substandard product is always welcome. I don't mind the read dot at all so I'd never give the dots a second look. Or a first one for that matter.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

A warning about a substandard product is always welcome. I don't mind the read dot at all so I'd never give the dots a second look. Or a first one for that matter.

I'd completely forgotten about the red dot until a couple days ago. I was washing my hands and just happened to see it in the mirror.

zenjen

Oct 19, 2017
Visit site

I got the dbrand dots with no problems. They are quite decent. Look nice and cover the whole red dot. I have one that’s been on for at least a month and it’s still there.

Before they came , I had just used some black electrical tape. I cut out a circle that was not too bad. It worked fine too. Now I feel like I could have used the electrical tape.

I don’t like the red dot because it conflicts with most everything I wear. That’s OK if I have on red, but that isn’t too often.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I got the dbrand dots with no problems. They are quite decent. Look nice and cover the whole red dot. I have one that’s been on for at least a month and it’s still there.

Before they came , I had just used some black electrical tape. I cut out a circle that was not too bad. It worked fine too. Now I feel like I could have used the electrical tape.

I don’t like the red dot because it conflicts with most everything I wear. That’s OK if I have on red, but that isn’t too often.

How many people notice the red dot and how many of them honestly view it as a distraction with regard to your outfits? I’m just curious.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm ok with the dot on a Silver/Stainless Watch, but I really like it on the Space Gray Watch.

I can't see spending one dime or any effort to hide the dot. When I get my S3C I doubt most people will notice or care. And if they do, that's their problem, not mine.

If they're worried it doesn't match my clothes, I'll tell them it perfectly matches the red hearts on my banana hammocks. :D

firstborn80

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I saw YouTube video about these and I thought they were pretty cool but now that I have a LTE Series 3 I don’t pay attention to the red dot. It doesn’t bother me at all and I never wear red so I guess it clashes with all my outfits. LOL

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I'm ok with the dot on a Silver/Stainless Watch, but I really like it on the Space Gray Watch.

I can't see spending one dime or any effort to hide the dot. When I get my S3C I doubt most people will notice or care. And if they do, that's their problem, not mine.

If they're worried it doesn't match my clothes, I'll tell them it perfectly matches the red hearts on my banana hammocks. :D

Me too.
I’m tempted to get the next generation Edition.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site

How many people notice the red dot and how many of them honestly view it as a distraction with regard to your outfits? I’m just curious.

It doesn’t bother me at all. I wear it daily. I change out bands but as far as the red dot goes not an issue.

TheLegoJoker

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

Oh yeah, there’s a red dot on the series 3 watch. I forget about it because it doesn’t clash with my jeans and T-shirt style.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711