So I saw the review of Watchdots on here. For those that don't know, its a company that makes these little dots that cover the red dot on the Series 3 Apple Watch. I though it was kind of a cool idea, so I ordered some for my wife because I though she might like it.

They are horrible. It took them nearly a month to ship them, and even when they do ship they send them first class mail with no tracking.

When they finally have arrived they are junk. They are on this double sided sticky paper and they won't remove from the non sticky side and adhere to the watch. They are essentially junk. Also they are supposed to be the XL dots to cover the red dot, but I can tell when I hold them up to the watch that they aren't going to completely cover it.

Just an PSA for anyone looking to buy these. Avoid them as the company is awful to deal with. A month from an item being shipped in the U.S. and then total junk when I got them. The only reason they even shipped them in the first place is because I called them out on twitter and more people piled on because they hadn't gotten theirs yet either.
    cwbcpa, lizinnyc and swarlos like this.
    11-04-2017 01:29 PM
    Thx for the update. I won’t be hiding the red dot. It’s not bothering me I like it!
    SABRIAN70 likes this.
    11-04-2017 01:33 PM
    What’s wrong with viewing the red dot on the series 3 Watch? I mean, I didn’t know that it was a turn-off to people. I love mine.
    SABRIAN70 and Jude526 like this.
    11-04-2017 01:34 PM
    So I saw the review of Watchdots on here. For those that don't know, its a company that makes these little dots that cover the red dot on the Series 3 Apple Watch. I though it was kind of a cool idea, so I ordered some for my wife because I though she might like it.

They are horrible. It took them nearly a month to ship them, and even when they do ship they send them first class mail with no tracking.

When they finally have arrived they are junk. They are on this double sided sticky paper and they won't remove from the non sticky side and adhere to the watch. They are essentially junk. Also they are supposed to be the XL dots to cover the red dot, but I can tell when I hold them up to the watch that they aren't going to completely cover it.

Just an PSA for anyone looking to buy these. Avoid them as the company is awful to deal with. A month from an item being shipped in the U.S. and then total junk when I got them. The only reason they even shipped them in the first place is because I called them out on twitter and more people piled on because they hadn't gotten theirs yet either.
    I ordered 2 sets and it took a long time to get them. They do look chintzy; haven’t taken them out of the package yet (not sure I ever will) so that is a lesson learned. And by the way, I’ve decided that I like that red dot after all
    11-05-2017 02:25 PM
    A warning about a substandard product is always welcome. I don't mind the read dot at all so I'd never give the dots a second look. Or a first one for that matter.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-09-2017 05:24 PM
    A warning about a substandard product is always welcome. I don't mind the read dot at all so I'd never give the dots a second look. Or a first one for that matter.
    I'd completely forgotten about the red dot until a couple days ago. I was washing my hands and just happened to see it in the mirror.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-14-2017 08:42 PM
    I like the red dot. I have no issue with it.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-15-2017 07:35 PM
    Think dbrand does something like this. Propably much better quality too .
    11-22-2017 04:37 PM
    I got the dbrand dots with no problems. They are quite decent. Look nice and cover the whole red dot. I have one that’s been on for at least a month and it’s still there.

Before they came , I had just used some black electrical tape. I cut out a circle that was not too bad. It worked fine too. Now I feel like I could have used the electrical tape.

I don’t like the red dot because it conflicts with most everything I wear. That’s OK if I have on red, but that isn’t too often.
    11-22-2017 08:59 PM
    I got the dbrand dots with no problems. They are quite decent. Look nice and cover the whole red dot. I have one that’s been on for at least a month and it’s still there.

Before they came , I had just used some black electrical tape. I cut out a circle that was not too bad. It worked fine too. Now I feel like I could have used the electrical tape.

I don’t like the red dot because it conflicts with most everything I wear. That’s OK if I have on red, but that isn’t too often.
    How many people notice the red dot and how many of them honestly view it as a distraction with regard to your outfits? I’m just curious.
    11-23-2017 06:50 AM
    I like the red dot. When I first got it I noticed it. Now honestly I don’t.
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-23-2017 07:18 AM
    How many people notice the red dot and how many of them honestly view it as a distraction with regard to your outfits? I’m just curious.
    At least one people...me! :-)
    11-23-2017 11:06 AM
    I’ve used WatchDots, and it’s great.
    Shipping time is terrible though.
    11-23-2017 10:19 PM
    I'm ok with the dot on a Silver/Stainless Watch, but I really like it on the Space Gray Watch.

I can't see spending one dime or any effort to hide the dot. When I get my S3C I doubt most people will notice or care. And if they do, that's their problem, not mine.

If they're worried it doesn't match my clothes, I'll tell them it perfectly matches the red hearts on my banana hammocks.
    Jude526 likes this.
    11-23-2017 11:57 PM
    I saw YouTube video about these and I thought they were pretty cool but now that I have a LTE Series 3 I don’t pay attention to the red dot. It doesn’t bother me at all and I never wear red so I guess it clashes with all my outfits. LOL
    11-24-2017 02:50 AM
    I'm ok with the dot on a Silver/Stainless Watch, but I really like it on the Space Gray Watch.

I can't see spending one dime or any effort to hide the dot. When I get my S3C I doubt most people will notice or care. And if they do, that's their problem, not mine.

If they're worried it doesn't match my clothes, I'll tell them it perfectly matches the red hearts on my banana hammocks.
    Me too.
    I’m tempted to get the next generation Edition.
    11-24-2017 08:37 PM
    I’m tempted to get the next generation Edition.
    Posh, indeed! Ceramic or Hermès? I like both but their just a bit too posh for me!
    11-25-2017 05:18 AM
    Posh, indeed! Ceramic or Hermès? I like both but their just a bit too posh for me!
    Ceramic or whatever other material Apple decides to use.
    I already own a couple of Hermes watches
    11-25-2017 08:34 PM
    It doesn’t bother me at all. I wear it daily. I change out bands but as far as the red dot goes not an issue.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    12-02-2017 01:02 AM
    Oh yeah, there’s a red dot on the series 3 watch. I forget about it because it doesn’t clash with my jeans and T-shirt style.
    12-05-2017 08:55 AM

Have you considered just always wearing red?
    12-05-2017 04:11 PM
    That sounds a lot like slickwraps. I bought a skin from them and it took 5 weeks to get and once I did get it the quality was meh. I will never buy a skin again even from dbrand because of how much some of the you tubers I watch mention dbrand super annoying.
    12-25-2017 02:27 AM
    I had 3 dbrand skins and they were all very well cut and easily applied.
    12-25-2017 02:33 AM
    I have no problems with the red dot. It prevents the question " Is that the LTE model?" from being asked.
    03-04-2018 09:26 AM
    That sounds a lot like slickwraps. I bought a skin from them and it took 5 weeks to get and once I did get it the quality was meh. I will never buy a skin again even from dbrand because of how much some of the you tubers I watch mention dbrand super annoying.
    I've been pretty happy with the slickwraps skins I've bought once they finally come. You're right though, shipping takes an insanely long time. Their customer service is the worst I've ever seen, and that's saying something because I've owned Samsung stuff.

I've got a clear full body Skinomi skin coming tomorrow. Decided to go caseless with my X. Just need something on the back for grip and scratches.
    03-04-2018 09:55 AM