Used the Apple Watch to find my iPhone ...

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
Man I love this watch, lost my iPhone at the movies.

I went into a panic then remembered the “ping” function on my watch.

60 seconded later found my phone.

Love how seamless it is.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I've used that feature many, many, too many times! And that's just around the house! LOL

Losing it in a movie theater is a bit of a worry for me. I get to the show early and surf or listen to music until the pre-show stuff starts. Sometimes I put it in a different pocket when the lights dim and panic when I get out to the car.

The one reason it's in a case is that the soft silicone (non-dust magnet kind) grips the inside of my pockets. Without the case, the phone often slide out and that was a major concern.s

Finding the phone was the second main reason for getting the Watch. I wish there was an option to light up the phone without it pinging, too. But I'm still very happy with the current implementation.

Chronoman

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
I love this feature. I ping the phone, hear it, and even if I can't see it, or find it right away, my mind is at ease cause I know it's in one of my pockets, or under the couch, or whatever.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I use it daily. My husband can’t believe how often I misplace my phone. If you touch and hold the ping button, your phone light will light up when the sound plays. Useful in the dark.

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I forgot about the ping feature, but used the camera view on the watch to locate my phone in a grocery store. Was able to find the location, because of the carpeting on the floor.

newtoios

Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
It could borrow a feature from my old zen watch though.

When the watch got too far away from my phone, I would get a vibration letting me know that I had disconnected from my phone.

Seems like an easy option to implement.

Only “problem” is that the Bluetooth connection is so good between the Apple Watch and iPhone , is that you would be driving down the street before you lost connection lol.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I'd like something like a double tap to get just the light. And I wish the screen lit up, too, If the phone is face up, the LED might not be seen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2