John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I know weather will be on the watch. But some advanced watches like Sunnto have storm alarms where the pressure drops. Would be great to have a app interact with this function.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I know weather will be on the watch. But some advanced watches like Sunnto have storm alarms where the pressure drops. Would be great to have a app interact with this function.

There are rumors of over 1,000 apps for the Watch, so who knows? Might just happen.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The WeatherUnderground's Storm app will give notifications of precip/lightning on the phone, which will show up on the Watch...

kjparfekt

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
The WeatherUnderground's Storm app will give notifications of precip/lightning on the phone, which will show up on the Watch...

Agreed lots of time sensitive information doesn't require an additional watch app. They will simply be handled in a notification the same as a text message or anything else of any urgency.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I use IFTTT to get sms alerts for Suffolk, so those should transfer to the watch.

Anyone know if there's a radar app for the watch yet?

ggulick

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
RadarScope works well. You set up a list of your favorite radar sites, and you can also animate the images. Right now there is no zooming, but it still works well.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I use Darksky and Storm for my notifications. Darksky has an Watch app and the latest update gives more info on the screen when you get an alert. Storm alerts come via notifications.

lackster2

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Yea, another thumbs up for DARKSKY. I've used it for about 4 years now, and have been pleased with its localized forecasts.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I use lightning cast which is subscription based. It sends alerts to the watch instantly.
My only gripe is it doesn't "follow" you like the defunct pinpoint lightning app did. What this means is it will inform you when a cloud to ground strike has occurred within the set warning distance (typ 30 miles) from a saved location.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234