I've noticed during this cold weather that my silicone sports bands seem to be a magnet for lint and dust. It's winter, and static electricity is everywhere. Plus, I'm wearing darker colors and perhaps that's one of the reason I'm noticing it!

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone has suggestions on how to prevent this (other than wearing another band!)
    01-22-2019 11:45 AM
    I've noticed during this cold weather that my silicone sports bands seem to be a magnet for lint and dust. It's winter, and static electricity is everywhere. Plus, I'm wearing darker colors and perhaps that's one of the reason I'm noticing it!

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone has suggestions on how to prevent this (other than wearing another band!)
    I haven’t had this happening to me(, yet).
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-22-2019 12:00 PM
    It has not happened to me with official Apple sports bands. Amazon knockoffs are another story however. Although they look and feel great, the silicone is softer and attracts lint easily.
    01-22-2019 12:57 PM
    I’ve never really noticed any lint collection, but dirt and grime collecting in the underside is another issue entirely.
    01-22-2019 01:09 PM
    No lint issue here and it’s been extremely cold in Michigan.
    01-22-2019 01:55 PM
    It has not happened to me with official Apple sports bands. Amazon knockoffs are another story however. Although they look and feel great, the silicone is softer and attracts lint easily.
    By Jove, I think you've got it! I'm currently wearing a cheap knock off that I got from Amazon! I'll switch to my authentic Apple Band when I get home to see if I notice the same issue!
    01-22-2019 02:06 PM
    Before my AW I used FitBits and could not keep or get the bands clean. I am amazed how easy the official Apple Watch bands are to keep clean and looking nice. My husband bought my watch with a white band and it still looks pristine. (I wipe down everyday )
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-22-2019 02:36 PM
    Only issue I have is discoloring on the back side. I have the platinum Nike Edition band. The Black is leaving some markings on the White where the end tucks under.
    01-22-2019 10:03 PM
    No lint/dust issues here.
    01-24-2019 06:45 AM