Is your silicone sports band collecting lint?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed during this cold weather that my silicone sports bands seem to be a magnet for lint and dust. It's winter, and static electricity is everywhere. Plus, I'm wearing darker colors and perhaps that's one of the reason I'm noticing it!

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone has suggestions on how to prevent this (other than wearing another band!) :D

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed during this cold weather that my silicone sports bands seem to be a magnet for lint and dust. It's winter, and static electricity is everywhere. Plus, I'm wearing darker colors and perhaps that's one of the reason I'm noticing it!

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this and if anyone has suggestions on how to prevent this (other than wearing another band!) :D

I haven’t had this happening to me(, yet).

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It has not happened to me with official Apple sports bands. Amazon knockoffs are another story however. Although they look and feel great, the silicone is softer and attracts lint easily.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
It has not happened to me with official Apple sports bands. Amazon knockoffs are another story however. Although they look and feel great, the silicone is softer and attracts lint easily.

By Jove, I think you've got it! :D I'm currently wearing a cheap knock off that I got from Amazon! I'll switch to my authentic Apple Band when I get home to see if I notice the same issue!

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Before my AW I used FitBits and could not keep or get the bands clean. I am amazed how easy the official Apple Watch bands are to keep clean and looking nice. My husband bought my watch with a white band and it still looks pristine. (I wipe down everyday )

Dgray2712

Dec 7, 2016
Visit site
Only issue I have is discoloring on the back side. I have the platinum Nike Edition band. The Black is leaving some markings on the White where the end tucks under.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2