Apple TV and Macbook SMB connection

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site
Hello, so my question will be quite long but I hope I can express myself well since english is not my language. I just bought an Apple TV 4k 64Gb, I installed on it 2 applications to watch movies (VLC and INFUSE) and on the 2 I saw that you could connect on your macbook with the SMB protocol (to access movies stored on the Mac's SSD without having to copy them to the Apple TV). the problem is that on the 2 applications, when I want to connect on my Mac, it asks me to enter the username and password of my Macbook, but when I do, it tells me that 'there is an error. I tried all the username and password that I use on my Mac but still nothing. is there another manipulation that i forgot to put or something else that gets stuck? Thank you in advance for your answers

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: Apple TV and Macbook SMB connexion

You have a MacBook and an Apple TV. The first thing that comes to mind is AirPlay.

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site

Yes, I’ve tried to use Airplay to stream some movies, but the quality isn’t as good as if I copy the file in the Apple TV. And there’s some stutters from time to time, not very smoth

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

Have you enabled « File Sharing » on the MAC by going to « System Préférences » and the « Sharing »?

aniss.kais

Oct 5, 2017
Visit site

Yes I did. File sharing is enabled, vlc and infuse detect my MacBook then ask me to enter the u.n/p.w. It fails each time

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site

You might need to enable your account in the "File Sharing" options pane. Also, you might want to try the "Media Sharing" option with the "Computers" app on the Apple TV.
Screen%20Shot%202020-01-14%20at%2018.12.24.png

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2