Why am I unable to sign in to my TV with the correct login credentials?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the Apple TV 4th generation. It keeps saying the Apple ID or password is wrong.
The problem is, it doesn’t let me click ok to sign in again.
The screen is literally frozen, I have rebooted it several times to no avail.
It will go to the home screen after the reboot, but than it will immediately go fo the sign error screen.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sign in problems

Try factory resetting it. I had a friend that had the same issue. Once I factory reset it the problem never came back for him. Only suggestion I have for the moment. Factory reset is quite simple.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Try factory resetting it. I had a friend that had the same issue. Once I factory reset it the problem never came back for him. Only suggestion I have for the moment. Factory reset is quite simple.

Thank you, but it doesn’t let me do that or I would.
Once the APTV reboots, you see the home screen for about a second. Than the screen freezes up not letting me do anything else.
I have to reboot it again, or unplug it to free it up. Thanks again

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

Thank you, but it doesn’t let me do that or I would.
Once the APTV reboots, you see the home screen for about a second. Than the screen freezes up not letting me do anything else.
I have to reboot it again, or unplug it to free it up. Thanks again

Do you have a computer? You could factory reset it through iTunes on a computer as well. Just plug it in and iTunes will recognize it and give you the option to reset it to factory. You will definitely be able to reset it for sure that way. I do it that way myself.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Do you have a computer? You could factory reset it through iTunes on a computer as well. Just plug it in and iTunes will recognize it and give you the option to reset it to factory. You will definitely be able to reset it for sure that way. I do it that way myself.

No sir I do not. I guess I am sunk for the time being. I have tried everything. Thanks for your efforts to help.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Do you have restrictions enabled that may preventing the sign-in?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

Do you have restrictions enabled that may preventing the sign-in?

Problem solved! I have two APTV’s a 3rd and 4th generation.
I had them mixed up, when I bought my TV. I hooked up the wrong one.
I figured the 4th would be smaller than the 3rd, but that’s not the case. That’s why I mixed them up, and had the wrong one in the right box.
I also figured something was up when I hooked it up, and entered my password, and it took.
Than went into iCloud on my phone, and noticed it had the Apple TV as the 4th gen.
I am guessing I was using the wrong remote when I had the wrong APTV hooked up.
That was probably the reason why I couldn’t click on ok, and why the remote was acting wonky.
So, thanks for the help in this, it is much appreciated.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site

Problem solved! I have two APTV’s a 3rd and 4th generation.
I had them mixed up, when I bought my TV. I hooked up the wrong one.
I figured the 4th would be smaller than the 3rd, but that’s not the case. That’s why I mixed them up, and had the wrong one in the right box.
I also figured something was up when I hooked it up, and entered my password, and it took.
Than went into iCloud on my phone, and noticed it had the Apple TV as the 4th gen.
I am guessing I was using the wrong remote when I had the wrong APTV hooked up.
That was probably the reason why I couldn’t click on ok, and why the remote was acting wonky.
So, thanks for the help in this, it is much appreciated.

ROFL, that is SO totally me! I would do the same thing! Anyways I'm glad you got it figured out!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2