I have the Apple TV 4th generation. It keeps saying the Apple ID or password is wrong.
    The problem is, it doesn’t let me click ok to sign in again.
    The screen is literally frozen, I have rebooted it several times to no avail.
    It will go to the home screen after the reboot, but than it will immediately go fo the sign error screen.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    01-10-2018 09:05 PM
    Try factory resetting it. I had a friend that had the same issue. Once I factory reset it the problem never came back for him. Only suggestion I have for the moment. Factory reset is quite simple.
    joemd60 and pkcable like this.
    01-10-2018 09:18 PM
    Try factory resetting it. I had a friend that had the same issue. Once I factory reset it the problem never came back for him. Only suggestion I have for the moment. Factory reset is quite simple.
    Thank you, but it doesn’t let me do that or I would.
    Once the APTV reboots, you see the home screen for about a second. Than the screen freezes up not letting me do anything else.
    I have to reboot it again, or unplug it to free it up. Thanks again
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-10-2018 10:01 PM
    Thank you, but it doesn’t let me do that or I would.
    Once the APTV reboots, you see the home screen for about a second. Than the screen freezes up not letting me do anything else.
    I have to reboot it again, or unplug it to free it up. Thanks again
    Do you have a computer? You could factory reset it through iTunes on a computer as well. Just plug it in and iTunes will recognize it and give you the option to reset it to factory. You will definitely be able to reset it for sure that way. I do it that way myself.
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-10-2018 10:05 PM
    Do you have a computer? You could factory reset it through iTunes on a computer as well. Just plug it in and iTunes will recognize it and give you the option to reset it to factory. You will definitely be able to reset it for sure that way. I do it that way myself.
    No sir I do not. I guess I am sunk for the time being. I have tried everything. Thanks for your efforts to help.
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-10-2018 10:14 PM
    No sir I do not. I guess I am sunk for the time being. I have tried everything. Thanks for your efforts to help.
    You're welcome. One last thing. See if you have a friend that could do it for you. Only takes 5-10 minutes.
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-10-2018 10:42 PM
    You're welcome. One last thing. See if you have a friend that could do it for you. Only takes 5-10 minutes.
    Good idea, thanks.
    firedept10 likes this.
    01-11-2018 01:37 AM
    Do you have restrictions enabled that may preventing the sign-in?
    01-11-2018 08:29 AM
    Do you have restrictions enabled that may preventing the sign-in?
    Problem solved! I have two APTV’s a 3rd and 4th generation.
    I had them mixed up, when I bought my TV. I hooked up the wrong one.
    I figured the 4th would be smaller than the 3rd, but that’s not the case. That’s why I mixed them up, and had the wrong one in the right box.
    I also figured something was up when I hooked it up, and entered my password, and it took.
    Than went into iCloud on my phone, and noticed it had the Apple TV as the 4th gen.
    I am guessing I was using the wrong remote when I had the wrong APTV hooked up.
    That was probably the reason why I couldn’t click on ok, and why the remote was acting wonky.
    So, thanks for the help in this, it is much appreciated.
    Just_Me_D, firedept10 and pkcable like this.
    01-11-2018 06:59 PM
    Okay. Great! Thanks for the update, sir.
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-11-2018 07:58 PM
    Awesome! Glad to hear you got it all straightened out.
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-12-2018 09:41 AM
    Problem solved! I have two APTV’s a 3rd and 4th generation.
    I had them mixed up, when I bought my TV. I hooked up the wrong one.
    I figured the 4th would be smaller than the 3rd, but that’s not the case. That’s why I mixed them up, and had the wrong one in the right box.
    I also figured something was up when I hooked it up, and entered my password, and it took.
    Than went into iCloud on my phone, and noticed it had the Apple TV as the 4th gen.
    I am guessing I was using the wrong remote when I had the wrong APTV hooked up.
    That was probably the reason why I couldn’t click on ok, and why the remote was acting wonky.
    So, thanks for the help in this, it is much appreciated.
    ROFL, that is SO totally me! I would do the same thing! Anyways I'm glad you got it figured out!
    joemd60 likes this.
    01-12-2018 10:36 AM