Apple TV Not Connected to the Network Every Morning

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My Apple TV at home works perfectly, but the one I have at work is always disconnected from the network every morning when I arrive. I have to reboot it every day to get back on the network.

First, what could be the reason for this? (and a way I cold prevent it).

Second, is there an easier way to get it back on the network each morning other than rebooting? (I don't have access to the super secret WiFi key)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why your TV has to be rebooted to reconnect to the network. I am assuming you don't have it connected to your router via an ethernet cable.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think that may be my problem. I found out that the WiFi access point at work is shut off at 9:00 each night, then back on again at 5:00 in the morning. Since I leave the Apple TV on the whole time, like I do at home, it disconnects at 9:00 each night, but doesn't reconnect at 5:00. I'm going to try setting it to sleep after 3 hours or so, and see if it is asleep when the access point goes off, it won't see that it has lost its connection.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, if I go to the network settings and try to re-connect to the access point, it asks for the key (which I don't have). If I reboot, it just joins the network automatically. PITA, but it works.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2