Apple TV - Remote presentations

MarcoE88

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Apple TV on a 70" LED TV have replaced most of my projectors in conference rooms. Works great enabling AirPlay Mirroring! I am trying to figure out the best way to take this similar presenation setup (minus the LED TV) on the road.

What I am currently using in my travel bag is:
1. iPad 3 wifi/4g
2. Apple TV 1080p
3. power cable for Apple TV
4. ATV pro (hdmi/vga convertor)

The hurdle I am trying to figure out is how to set this up without having to always manually input wifi settings into both the Apple TV and iPad everywhere i go. And what if the destination host does not have any WiFi.

Any ideas?
1. use a MiFi?
2. Adhoc Wireless router setup?
3. Use iPhone hotspot

Thanks,
Marco

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I use the iPad's hotspot. Connect the atv to the iPad's hotspot and you are ready to go every time as long as your iPad has cellular service.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Use a airport express .. Don't need Internet to make it work for presentations

Also if destination has Internet just plug in a cat 5 from the Internet source and you can share it to all your own devices

Simplest If you do need internet at places that do have internet then the hotspot is the best option
Depends on what plan your on for what the cost would be

bobbob1016

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
This, this, and more this.
Use a airport express .. Don't need Internet to make it work for presentations

Also if destination has Internet just plug in a cat 5 from the Internet source and you can share it to all your own devices

Simplest If you do need internet at places that do have internet then the hotspot is the best option
Depends on what plan your on for what the cost would be

Not so much with this, as unless you have 3G/4G+tethering on your account. Even with tethering, I wouldn't advise this, as the ATV can use some of your data, to talk to Apple servers and such, and you don't need it to.
I use the iPad's hotspot. Connect the atv to the iPad's hotspot and you are ready to go every time as long as your iPad has cellular service.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77