HDMI to Component Video conversion

anon(1144891)

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
We decided that our cable bill is WAY too high for us to justify the expense of cable, and we are going to switch to Apple TV (already have Netflix).

We have a 480p TV for now, and will get a new TV down the road. My question for all of you: is there a component cable to HDMI solution out there for Apple TV? Do you have one? Where can I get it?

I have searched Amazon for converters and have found a few, but I would love to know if others have found a solid product for this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the best thing would be to grab a new tv. Adapters and converters will run you up to $100 or more and it's better to just get a new tv. You can grab a decent one for 2-300 bucks and you'll be so much happier with the picture quality and experience. But yes, there are adapters and they will work.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
We decided that our cable bill is WAY too high for us to justify the expense of cable, and we are going to switch to Apple TV (already have Netflix).

We have a 480p TV for now, and will get a new TV down the road. My question for all of you: is there a component cable to HDMI solution out there for Apple TV? Do you have one? Where can I get it?

I have searched Amazon for converters and have found a few, but I would love to know if others have found a solid product for this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!!

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S

Monoprice has a unit for $40. The reviews indicate that it works with Apple TV 2.0. As with any cable or converter, YMMV

For only $36.00 each when QTY 50+ purchased - HDMI? to Component (YPbPr) & R/L Stereo Audio Converter | HDMI to Component (YPbPr) / VGA Converters

And the best part about Monoprice is that their stuff usually works... they give you 30 day money back return period ... and no restocking fee. I've been using their HDMI cables and other stuff for years...

Last edited:

VGAguru

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
"Buy a new TV."

That doesn't help me when I'm traveling or at a friend's house who doesn't have state-of-the-art equipment. Lately I'm at least finding more and more hotel TVs with component video instead of just composite but rarely one with an HDMI input. Sure, the world will be all digital and HDMI EVENTUALLY, but that doesn't help me now in all situations. I still need analog video out in many cases. I have a huge collection of music videos and movies that I like to take with me. SO, until there is a solution to be able to get component video out from an iPhone 5, I can't upgrade my iPhone 4 and can't go beyond the 3rd generation iPad.

What I'm trying to figure out though is whether the Apple "Digital A/V Adapter" (Lightning-to-HDMI out) will work by connecting that to an HDMI-to-Component adapter (a number of which you can find on Amazon for under $50). That normally should work but I'm concerned that Apple might have disabled that from working by HDCP-encrypting all output via HDMI (my content isn't encrypted). Has anyone tried this method of creating component video out of an iPhone 5 or 4th gen iPad?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll