before I get apple TV 3

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I understand the apple TV 3 is not and might not be able to be jailbroken. My questions is about the reason. Is it that the Apple TV 3 hardware is differnet therefore it will never be jailbroken, or is it more software related where another newer version of software running on the Apple tv 3 might allow for jailbreak goodness?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
It's always the software, sort of a game. The manufacturer does not want their devices jailbroken (or rooted as they call it in some cases), and those of us in the community of course want to modify and/or root/jailbreak our devices. The community will find an exploit and jailbreak/root a device, then the manufacturer patches that exploit on the next version of the OS, but then the community finds a new exploit, etc.

Reactions: ssandler77

ssandler77

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
It's always the software, sort of a game. The manufacturer does not want their devices jailbroken (or rooted as they call it in some cases), and those of us in the community of course want to modify and/or root/jailbreak our devices. The community will find an exploit and jailbreak/root a device, then the manufacturer patches that exploit on the next version of the OS, but then the community finds a new exploit, etc.

Thats what I thought, just checking. Thanks!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77