Video conversion

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I am new to apple tv but I have a bunch of movies on my computer that play in iTunes and iPad but will not play on new apple TV. What is a good software to use to convert so can play on Apple TV? I am currently using Handbrake but it takes like 4.5 hours to convert one movie. I didn't know if there was anything out there that was faster without compromising quality.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am new to apple tv but I have a bunch of movies on my computer that play in iTunes and iPad but will not play on new apple TV. What is a good software to use to convert so can play on Apple TV? I am currently using Handbrake but it takes like 4.5 hours to convert one movie. I didn't know if there was anything out there that was faster without compromising quality.

I use Handbrake... feature movies take no more than 20-30 minutes max to rip to 720p.

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I use Handbrake... feature movies take no more than 20-30 minutes max to rip to 720p.

Must be my computer both cores are running at 100% I am getting about 10 fps when converting. I know the computer is going at full power because cant do anything else while converting.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
What's the presets you use with Handbrake?
Think you could set the output settings as "Apple TV, MP4 files" and right ratio~

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Apple TV 2 is probably the best standard preset to choose from.
I overkill it when I rip DVDs though :)

mjsavage

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
What's the presets you use with Handbrake?
Think you could set the output settings as "Apple TV, MP4 files" and right ratio~

That is what I have Set on Apple Tv 2 setting mp4. It also about doubles the size of the file from like 700mb 720p to now 1.6 GB once converted. It isn't that big of a deal since it is used for Apple tv but would if put on iPad.

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I use AirVideo, which has a PC Video Server capable of converting vids, or streaming with Live Convert. Works like a charm for me (but I don't know your original format).

rich67

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I simply use UNIVERSAL, NORMAL to preserve quality and keep sizes comparable. If it's a good quality movie and I want to keep it that way, then I select HIGH PROFILE and LARGE FILE SIZE. That setting is usually best if I plan on doing some editing in iMovie and then re-encoding it.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If on Mac OS, maybe you could turn to Mac App Store to get some programs like [URL="http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/media-converter/id432042703?mt=12&at=10l3Vy]this[/URL] to do you a favor.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77