Todays Update bricked my Apple TV 2

jhoove09#IM

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I turned on my Apple TV 2 and manually told it to update. After a few minutes, I went back to the TV and the Apple TV was rebooting. This is the only screen I was able to get to. The line and box on the screen are both pink. I did not have the color issues before this update. I have tried the Apple approved reset procedure and documented it on YouTube. The pictures and links to the videos are all here.

Video documenting the problem

Attempt at resetting the Apple TV 2

UPDATE: After three attempts at a restore in iTunes, it finally worked. The only problem is Netflix. It has ceased to work and gives me one of two error messages. Either it cannot configure the device or it cannot connect to Netflix. I did a second restore in iTunes and the result was the same. Netflix is broken on my Apple TV. Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Take it in to an Apple store and get a new one. I have an issue after the latest update when I try to put it to sleep it flickers different colors and makes popping sounds. I'm going to try to restore it otherwise I'll take it and get it replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77