Apple Music - Library - not uploading

MGS69

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a problem which hovers around a number of questions here, but I don't seem to find a solution to the problem. More over I become more and more confused and find it difficult to differentiate between synced and uploaded music and where my music is stored.

Here is my situation: I have several GB (less than 100 GB) of music on Apple lossless format on my NAS. I do not have available space on the HD of my Macbook to transfer have all my music to it.

I have subscribed to Apple Music, and I would like to have all my music available for streaming on all my entities (Iphone, Mac, AppleTV and Ipad).

Here is what I have done. I have imported all my music to the Apple Music via the app on my MacBook. There is no local copy and it only plays when there is access to the NAS. I have enabled Sync library and pressed Update to iCloud several times. Yes, only a fraction of the songs are uploaded to the Library (I can see those on my iPhone), but most of the music is only shown with a Cloud/Exclamation mark in the Music app on the Macbook. So, there is an error when uploading I guess.

What to do?

Please assist and ask more questions if above is a little unclear.

Thank you
Morten

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
When your NAS is online and available during the sync process, you should wait at least a few hours to days until syncing is completed.
Don’t turn off your NAS and MacBook in iCloud hé meantime.
Also, make sure the file format of the songs is supported by Music.

Once the syncing is complete, you can turn off both your NAS and MacBook and still have access to your songs via Music.

MGS69

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
Thank you makes a lot of sense. Problem is, that I do not see any progress in the number of songs being uploaded. And I don't see the Sync dialog" in the lower let corner of the application. I have tried to press play on a single song (with exclamation mark), and it plays fine. Then, I pressed add to library and it was synced/uploaded and the exclamation mark disappeared. But all the songs that has not been actively played appears not the uploaded. E.g the song just below the one actively played, when I press Add to library it still shows an error, after it appears as have been trying to upload.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you makes a lot of sense. Problem is, that I do not see any progress in the number of songs being uploaded. And I don't see the Sync dialog" in the lower let corner of the application. I have tried to press play on a single song (with exclamation mark), and it plays fine. Then, I pressed add to library and it was synced/uploaded and the exclamation mark disappeared. But all the songs that has not been actively played appears not the uploaded. E.g the song just below the one actively played, when I press Add to library it still shows an error, after it appears as have been trying to upload.

Then you should select all the songs and press Add to Library.
I’m not sure what else you could do to solve this apart from that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2