How to figure out what Apple Music just played?

alistairgd

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have an apple music subscription and listen to music on my iPhone 6.

I don't have any music downloaded, I generally call up the control screen and just hit PLAY on the music section and it starts streaming. I have never understood how it selects what it plays, but it is usually a mix of music I have listened to in the past a with odd ball tracks thrown in.

Yesterday I hit play and it started playing what sounded like a podcast, with an interview going on. It was really interesting, but when I went back to it today, I could not see how to resume playing it - the music app just started picking random tracks again.

I have looked in For You > Recently Played but cannot see it in there. In a web browser you can easily call up your browsing history, YouTube will show you your exact watch history, but the same does not seem true in iOS?

How on earth can I find this mystery track/podcast I was played? I really want to finish listening to it!

Thanks for any advice!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If it's not on a playlist, I don't think there is a way, but I could be wrong.

alistairgd

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Ok, its as much frustrating as I do not understand how Apple Music came to select that podcast, as it is not being able to find it.

I might have to track down all podcasts in the genre and check them all one by one to find it :eek:(

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, its as much frustrating as I do not understand how Apple Music came to select that podcast, as it is not being able to find it.

I might have to track down all podcasts in the genre and check them all one by one to find it (

Music, in my opinion, needs a simpler GUI. Options for lyrics, Up Next, Previously Played, etcetera need to be readily available and visible on the main screen.

Last edited:

alistairgd

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I am going about this the wrong way.

What I need to understand it how iOS is selecting the music it plays me when I hit PLAY in the music app or control centre - when there is no music downloaded on the phone. What SOURCE is it using to play random tunes - that apparently includes podcasts?

If i can figure that out, that's where I need to look.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I am going about this the wrong way.

What I need to understand it how iOS is selecting the music it plays me when I hit PLAY in the music app or control centre - when there is no music downloaded on the phone. What SOURCE is it using to play random tunes - that apparently includes podcasts?

If i can figure that out, that's where I need to look.

When I hit play it plays something from my library. Not something from Apple Music and certainly no podcasts.

Perhaps the podcast you heard was already in your library.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77