Sonos Issues

anon(192806)

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone using Apple Music on their Sonos system?

I was a Pandora user for a long time and recently switched to Apple Music after the iOS 10 update. I have Sonos generally just play the radio stations when I am home because I don't like to mess with playlists or switch albums or tracks. Just like to set the station and let it play.

I never had an issue using Pandora with Sonos but the issue I am running into with Apple Music is after a while the music coming from the radio station will just stop and the Sonos app will simply say "No Music". It doesn't happen in the middle of a song, only after the current song finishes. This seems to happen randomly. Sometimes after a few minutes; sometimes after a few hours of playback.

I tried Sonos tech support and they looked at a diagnostic report I submitted. One rep tried to tell me that it might be my internet connection and that it's happening with Apple Music (and not Pandora) because Apple streams at a higher bitrate and it's too much for my connection to handle. I pushed back on that and told them that I have a 75/75 connection from my provider and regularly stream Netflix and YouTube videos in HD and never have any issues. I fail to see how Apple Music streaming at 256k could be too much for my internet connection to handle. Not to mention that when I use my iPad at home I don't have any issues streaming over the same network.

Second Sonos guy told me that the diagnostic report indicated some type of API issue and he advised me to remove and re-add my Apple Music account. I did that and even reset each of my players and setup my Sonos network from scratch and I'm still having this issue.

I'm just wondering if anyone here that uses Apple Music with Sonos is seeing this or any similar issue and if you've been able to do anything to resolve it or get a root cause from Sonos.

Thanks

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I usually just play my playlists or whatever song I want to hear. I'll mess with a radio station and see if I have that issue. I probably won't get to do this till Monday.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2