What do you NOT LIKE about Apple desktops?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’ve heard some people say they don’t see enough Apple criticism on iMore. So let’s jump into it then, I’d like to keep this an active thread if possible. I’ll post my own dislikes later, for now, what do you not like about Apple desktops? Any of them.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I haven’t used an actual Apple desktop since high school, however, they are ridiculously expensive. The screens are as well, for Apple ones. Unless you have heavy duty tasks you need to do, the desktops don’t really offer a huge difference over the MacBook’s. Make it worth the money you charge Apple.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
You’re really going all out with these threads aren’t yah?

I’m gonna say that my iMac is very unstable with starting up and general loading. It’s atrocious sometimes so much that I just don’t shut it down anymore and leave it in standby. Would like to make it into a Fusion Drive, but that would require more work than I’m willing to do.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have been using iMacs since 2008 when our company converted from the PC and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have never even bought the extended Apple Care because I never needed it. The machines are reliable and the software has the best support in the business.

Sorry no negative comments from this loyal user. But have been using iMacs since 2008 and not looking back. Best decision I ever made.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I have been using iMacs since 2008 when our company converted from the PC and I have nothing but good things to say about them.

I have never even bought the extended Apple Care because I never needed it. The machines are reliable and the software has the best support in the business.

Sorry no negative comments from this loyal user. But have been using iMacs since 2008 and not looking back. Best decision I ever made.

I haven't bought an Apple desktop since the late 90's, but that thing lasted almost 10 years (passed it along to my mom after I got my MacBook).

Side note: I saw the iMac Pro yesterday and that thing is super nice. The display is crazy good!!!

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven't bought an Apple desktop since the late 90's, but that thing lasted almost 10 years (passed it along to my mom after I got my MacBook).

Side note: I saw the iMac Pro yesterday and that thing is super nice. The display is crazy good!!!

I have also thought about going off and buying a new iMac Pro base unit, the 5K price tag is just a little on the high side for me.

I can buy a nice used Mac Pro multi core unit and LG 27” 5K display and still save some money. Decisions decisions.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had my iMac for almost 5 months now. It was the same price as a new Mac laptop and I needed a new computer. Mine was over 8 yrs old and it wasn’t going to be supported by Apple anymore. I haven’t had a desktop for years and am glad I chose it over a laptop version. I have my iPad Air and it does all I need. I really like my iMac and highly recommend.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
A while back, many laptop manufacturers (Dell comes to mind) added a SIM card slot to their laptops.

Come on, Apple. My MacBook Pro with a SIM card would be great.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
For me, my initial response would be the price tag. I too use a PC every day at work. I just got a new PC. In the past I've always had a desktop model, but this time, I was gently nudged to choose a laptop instead. I was reluctant, but the guy in our IT department said that it would make more sense for me because I do periodically need to work from home. So, I got a laptop, a dock, an external keyboard, and a new monitor. When I'm at work and the laptop is connected to the dock, it looks and feels like a desktop model. When I'm at home, its a laptop. Best of both worlds.

My iPad Air 4 is mostly adequate for my personal needs, so I've never been able to justify getting a Mac. But, if I win the lottery, I'd definitely consider it! :D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The only “desktop” computer I’ve owned from Apple is my M1 Mac Mini and I absolutely enjoy it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2