Which Is Faster? Mac Or PC?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Depending on what you own what is faster in your opinion.... A MAC or a PC? Hey is is a thread starter for us to post. Please answer if so kind to. Thank you. :)

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It all depends on the hardware you have in it. I have not run Windows and Mac on equivalent hardware. I'm partial to OSX although I still use Windows at work and my Mac is definitely faster but that's not a fair comparison because my Mac has an SSD.
Although one thing OSX does that makes it seem a lot faster is that after a reboot it will re-open all the apps you previously had open whereas with Windows you need to reopen them yourself.
I did not know \that about OSX and can see where that would be a plus for apps.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It is a really cool (and optional) feature. I really miss it at work when I need to reboot my Windows machine because I generally have 6-10 applications open at any given time and I have to shut each one down, reboot and reopen each one. At home with the same number of apps open, all I do is restart and it closes and then reopens each app exactly as I had it.
A time saver at best where you very well know as I do at work with my Windows machine...."Shut and save your work" or you will lose it all is a real pain in the A** as you know. I hate it. Thanks for the heads up and also what makes it optional?

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
I have used both MAC & PC's for well over 10+ years, I would have to say the MAC in my opinion is the faster system. I believe it has to do with the combination of the OS & hardware designed to work at peak performance where as the PC's have all kinds of hardware and could be either well built or not so much.

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I haven't used Windows in a while, though my wife has a Windows partition on her iMac for games. It seems to take forever for Windows to boot into a usable environment. I can build a Slackware Linux system on budget hardware that reacts quickly and quickly accomplishes certain tasks. That was my go to OS before my first Mac. Most people who use Mac do so for the whole experience, rather than how quickly some select tasks can be accomplished. I'm certainly willing to accept some extra overhead for a more positive user experience.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Most macs, such as the iMac do not have bleeding edge components, so its quite easy to find a PC that will have better specs and offer superior speed. What the Mac offers a better experience and being part of a ecosystem.

I think if game playing is a major requirement, then a gaming PC will be better hands down, but I still like using my iMac, and for my gaming needs I have a PS4 ;)

mellonxcollie

Mar 18, 2016
Visit site
On identical hardware, Macs are faster because there's better optimization and OSX is a lighter OS. That said, you can ridiculously high end processors, RAM, GPUs etc. on Windows that will surpass a Mac.
Also it depends on the program. Adobe's programs used to be better on OSX, but over the years they've focused optimization on Windows.

scastle123

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
For the major apps at least (Premiere, Photoshop etc), Adobe have been using a system that enables them to write one application then compile that application for Windows or macOS with little or no change.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2