Apple Card

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This is a wonderful idea and since I haven’t had a credit card in over 15 years this might get me off the wagon

No fees and real cash back peaked my interest

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think it’s great! I literally only use one card, but I love the integration to wallet & the fact that the physical card has no info on it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'd be interested but we have only want a couple of credit cards. I do like some of the features, but I believe it's backed by Goldman Sachs and I'm not wild about that.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'd be interested but we have only want a couple of credit cards. I do like some of the features, but I believe it's backed by Goldman Sachs and I'm not wild about that.

Goldman Sachs is the lesser of billions of evils in my book. When they start defrauding those of us in my pay grade, then I’ll be leery LOL. Most other banks only defraud regular folks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think it's a good idea and I'll probably get one just to save on Apple purchases. But I'm a person who pays full balances at the end of the billing cycle. Goldman Sachs will still be getting those people who don't pay with the 12%-24% APR. Just another credit card, in my opinion.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Not interested as it's just another credit card with cash back like my other card but with more frequency on redemption. I'm sure many will sign up for an Apple Card though and more power to those that do.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably feel the same for both.

Surprisingly, the movie was already in my list on Prime lol. It was really good, but my thoughts and views are still the same.

I think it's a good idea and I'll probably get one just to save on Apple purchases. But I'm a person who pays full balances at the end of the billing cycle. Goldman Sachs will still be getting those people who don't pay with the 12%-24% APR. Just another credit card, in my opinion.

^THIS

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Three things.

I don't know enough about the history of companies using their cash reserves to open banks. The Banana Republish credit card was issued by GE bank, which is now called something else. Not sure what happened but I'm not sure I want Apple doing the same things GE is.

I'm not sure how this is a very good card in general. 3% on Apple purchases is nice, but with the amount I spend on Amazon, I can't possibly make this card a better value than any of my other cards. 1% on everything else isn't good enough.

Third, and this kind of circles back around to the first thing, I don't think I want Apple to be a bank. Like, credit card companies generally don't spark joy in people. I'm not sure I want that kind of semi-adversarial relationship with Apple.

I'll stick with Chase Sapphire Preferred for now.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Three things.

I don't know enough about the history of companies using their cash reserves to open banks. The Banana Republish credit card was issued by GE bank, which is now called something else. Not sure what happened but I'm not sure I want Apple doing the same things GE is.

I'm not sure how this is a very good card in general. 3% on Apple purchases is nice, but with the amount I spend on Amazon, I can't possibly make this card a better value than any of my other cards. 1% on everything else isn't good enough.

Third, and this kind of circles back around to the first thing, I don't think I want Apple to be a bank. Like, credit card companies generally don't spark joy in people. I'm not sure I want that kind of semi-adversarial relationship with Apple.

I'll stick with Chase Sapphire Preferred for now.

I agree here. My Amazon Prime Visa gives me 5% back on Amazon purchases, 2% at restaurants, gas stations and drug stores and 1% on everything else. And, like your Sapphire Preferred card, I can use the points for real cash or redeem for other things.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
This is a wonderful idea and since I haven’t had a credit card in over 15 years this might get me off the wagon

No fees and real cash back peaked my interest

Most credit cards out there have no fees and give real cash back. The only real benefit to the Apple Card is 3% cash back on Apple purchases.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Most credit cards out there have no fees and give real cash back. The only real benefit to the Apple Card is 3% cash back on Apple purchases.

Right. We're all fun and games and Apple here most of the time, but whether or not a credit card is right for you takes some serious consideration.

Regardless, Apple Card is by no means a premium credit card. A good credit card is loaded with all kinds of bonuses from rental car protection to bonuses on goods and services.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Worried about Goldman-Sachs as as a partner. What information about individual customers and purchases will they have access to? Would like to see more transparency on the business arrangement between the two companies.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Worried about Goldman-Sachs as as a partner. What information about individual customers and purchases will they have access to? Would like to see more transparency on the business arrangement between the two companies.

I’m not sure Apple would dive into business with a company that doesn’t have privacy in high regard.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This is something that has really caught my attention. I shall see if it ends up being more than just an interest.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I got the invite today, so it's there if I want it, but I don't want it. It's not really a good card compared to other cards I use. 2% is not worth it IMHO, the Citi Double does that (But they just dropped their other value for having the card). I would rather use cards that I get better benefits from and it's not worth wasting a 5/24 slot if you're looking to get another Chase card for the SUB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2